Battlestar Galactica

66 mustang

I'm not reading any of the posts since I have been watching this from the beginning for the first time over the last several weeks and am through Season 4.0 with just 4.5 to go. Can't wait to see how it ends. I gotta say I avoided this show and for some reason thought it was some Star Trek spinnoff of some kind so I wasn't interested but now I have admit it's one of the best if not the best Sci-Fi shows ever IMO.

make sure you watch the Battlestar Galatica: Razor movie they did also. great stuff

I have sitting here now but haven't watched it yet.

I hated that Admiral Kane and I hated her character in True Blood to.

Edit: FYI the first two episodes of the new FOX show "Human Target" have had Tricia Helfer, Donnely Rhodes(the Doctor) and Alejandro Gilliano(Felix Gaeta-I'm sure I didn't spell that right) in them from Battlestar.

i noticed that. great to see them still getting work and Human Target has gotten my interest. so far I like it

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not reading any of the posts since I have been watching this from the beginning for the first time over the last several weeks and am through Season 4.0 with just 4.5 to go. Can't wait to see how it ends. I gotta say I avoided this show and for some reason thought it was some Star Trek spinnoff of some kind so I wasn't interested but now I have admit it's one of the best if not the best Sci-Fi shows ever IMO.

make sure you watch the Battlestar Galatica: Razor movie they did also. great stuff

I have sitting here now but haven't watched it yet.

I hated that Admiral Kane and I hated her character in True Blood to.

Edit: FYI the first two episodes of the new FOX show "Human Target" have had Tricia Helfer, Donnely Rhodes(the Doctor) and Alejandro Gilliano(Felix Gaeta-I'm sure I didn't spell that right) in them from Battlestar.

i noticed that. great to see them still getting work and Human Target has gotten my interest. so far I like it

Yeah I'm loving Human Target to. Nice to see Jackie Earl Haley(Bad News Bears) on a show.

Did you notice that the guy that played Simon on Firefly was on the last episode?

• 5 months later...

one think I can say is that I see a lot of BSG actors getting parts here and there. it is always nice to see them pop up on a show and know they are still working

Yeah that always seems to happen when a popular show ends.

I remember after Deadwood ended their actors seemed to be guest starring everywhere for the next two years.

I will say that the Scify movie 'Riverworld' with Tamoh Peniket was horrible IMO.

That movie also had the guy that played Felix in it to.

• 4 weeks later...

FROM CHICAGO TRIBUNE:

July 27, 2010

Exclusive: 'Battlestar Galactica' sets up a Young Adama spinoff

Those who've been hoping for a new chapter of the "Battlestar Galactica" story may get their wish.

An online series called "Blood & Chrome" is in the works, one that would follow the experiences of a young William "Husker" Adama in the first Cylon War.

According to Mark Stern, Syfy's executive vice president of original programming and the co-head of original content for Universal Cable Productions, "Battlestar Galactica" and "Caprica" co-executive producer Michael Taylor will write the the script for the new venture.

"Blood & Chrome" is "about a young man's initiation into war: both the realities of war as fought by soldiers on the ground (and in Battlestars and Vipers), and the somewhat less real version portrayed in the media," according to Taylor.

"Blood & Chrome" would consist of nine or 10 episodes of nine or 10 minutes each, and it would make use of cutting-edge digital technology and special effects to depict the Cylon War. If it is greenlit to production, it will be filmed using green screens and virtual sets, not unlike Syfy's "Sanctuary" or James Cameron's "Avatar." Before "Battlestar Galactica" ended, high-tech scans were made of all the show's sets, so that the special-effects team will be able to re-create them (possibly even in 3D).

"I've seen the virtual, 3D version of CIC ['Battlestar's' Combat Information Center] and it's pretty damn cool," Taylor said.

"And yet the movie isn't confined to Galactica. Far from it. It's a story that will take us to new corners of the 'Battlestar' world (or worlds), and yet it aims to be a very contemporary war movie in a lot of ways. I would say I'm thinking as much of Afghanistan and Iraq--the reality of 'Hurt Locker,' Sebastian Junger's 'Restrepo,' and similar movies--as I am about about the largely implied past of 'Battlestar.'"

Though Taylor said he'll strive for the kind of emotional engagement that was the hallmark of "Battlestar," which ended in 2009, expect lots of of cliffhangers and visceral suspense as well. "We're not going to be shying away from R-rated blood and guts and sex," Taylor noted. "Because this is initially meant to air online, we pretty much have no restrictions in that department."

It's not known yet if "Blood & Chrome" would star Nico Cortez, the actor cast as young Adama in "Razor," a previous "Battlestar Galactica" movie. There may be one other character from "Razor" in the new online series, but it would feature a mostly new cast.

If "Blood & Chrome" is successful, it could be the first a series of similar projects, and if it's judged very successful, it could even act as a backdoor pilot for a TV show set in that war-torn "BSG" era.

• 1 year later...