Guardian & Jamie Rowe stuff

66 mustang

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

pulled this from Jamie's site

Have a great holiday!

We are having TG lunch, then heading to Nashville for a few days. Will see the whole Guardian crew tomorrow night at Karl's house..will be fun and long overdue.

Guardian? Yeah, I'll be forward saying this: I am trying to get Guardian back in action. Dave and Karl seem to be cool with it..haven't really had a chance to speak with Tony..but while I am hopeing it will be the 4 of us...I think we should move forward regardless.

We have agreed to play a date inPeru soon...so why can't we do more? We had a blast in Germany..even having a case of "whooping cough" t was stellar fun!

I love the music of London Calling...I continue to write solo music in the modern worship genre...I sing with Crunch which is cool cause there is no pressure, I just gotta show up and sing...But no matter what I do..I always feel like the singer for Guardian doing something else...so why not embrace it?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Guardian is gonna come back and be a major band..fact is, I have a really good business going right now and wouldn't risk it to try and break a band..the guys have their things going too...but we gotta do SOMETHING! I feel it..it's long overdue too if ya ask me...

I don't know who'll read this..I just feel like I need to say it. :-)

i just bought Decyfer Down's album from last year. Pretty damn good modern rock similar to Kutless, Pillar, Nickleback etc.

Its actually produced by Tony Palacios, as well as Jim Cooper (Petra). So possibly a new Guardian could be quite a lot heavier and modern? May not be a bad thing..

I just bought Decyfer Down's album from last year. Pretty damn good modern rock similar to Kutless, Pillar, Nickleback, etc.

It's actually produced by Tony Palacios, as well as Jim Cooper (Petra). So possibly a new Guardian could be quite a lot heavier and modern? May not be a bad thing...

That Decyfer Down CD is absolutely killer, easily my favorite Christian hard rock/metal release of last year. Heavy and modern yet still totally melodic. Loved it! If Guardian went in the same direction, I wouldn't complain. Just having Guardian back together creating new music would be great...as long as that new music didn't sound like "Bottle Rocket." <_<

I just bought Decyfer Down's album from last year. Pretty damn good modern rock similar to Kutless, Pillar, Nickleback, etc.

It's actually produced by Tony Palacios, as well as Jim Cooper (Petra). So possibly a new Guardian could be quite a lot heavier and modern? May not be a bad thing...

That Decyfer Down CD is absolutely killer, easily my favorite Christian hard rock/metal release of last year. Heavy and modern yet still totally melodic. Loved it! If Guardian went in the same direction, I wouldn't complain. Just having Guardian back together creating new music would be great...as long as that new music didn't sound like "Bottle Rocket." <_<

I wouldn't mind hearing Guardian go in a Decyfer Down direction, as long as they - like every other nu-metal band - would start varying up the verses a little. Yeah, we know they can let loose a huge melodic chorus but for f*ck's sake a bit of variation in tempo in the verses would be marvelous!!! :)

• 11 months later...
just this week i've now got an appreciation for the BUZZ album. I never have liked the album except for about 3 songs but I pulled out the cassette about Thursday and now I really get the album and enjoy it.

Haha... I remember I tried for about 18 years to sell that one and the other one like it... finally got rid of them recently. :) First 2 albums are where it's at for 'Guardian', imo... the rest I can do without.

• My Little Pony
how can you not like Miracle Mile? great album

Amen. Miracle Mile was like III Sides to Every Story. It was a bit of a different direction, but a good direction.

how can you not like Miracle Mile? great album

Amen. Miracle Mile was like III Sides to Every Story. It was a bit of a different direction, but a good direction.

The last song - that ballad - was great... the rest? Nah, I'll pass. :)

just this week i've now got an appreciation for the BUZZ album. I never have liked the album except for about 3 songs but I pulled out the cassette about Thursday and now I really get the album and enjoy it.

Haha... I remember I tried for about 18 years to sell that one and the other one like it... finally got rid of them recently. :) First 2 albums are where it's at for 'Guardian', imo... the rest I can do without.

Ive long got rid of Buzz and Bottle Rocket... there were a few songs on each if i forced myself i could appreciate but otherwise both were awful. However ive kept their live album from the Buzz/Bottle Rocket period and it plain rocks. Those songs are much better live! Anyone else got it?

Ive long got rid of Buzz and Bottle Rocket... there were a few songs on each if i forced myself i could appreciate but otherwise both were awful. However ive kept their live album from the Buzz/Bottle Rocket period and it plain rocks. Those songs are much better live! Anyone else got it?

I have 'Bottle Rocket' and I wish I didn't - awful disc :puking:

I have 'Bottle Rocket' and I wish I didn't - awful disc :puking:

That's the 2nd one I was trying to avoid mentioning above. Those two albums make the Rubber CDs sound better than they ever should.

• 2 years later...