What DVD's did you buy this week?

Dave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another trip to Wal-Mart, another one of those irresistible 4-film collections of low budget horror flicks from their $5.00 bin. Can't find a pic of the actual DVD, but these are the movies on it...

418AJK8146L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51YVEQZFWKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(Bought the set based on this picture. I'm a sucker for an evil-hot-chick movie.)

51qPsY4iBpL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(Helpful hint: if searching for this movie, do it with Google Safe Search "ON" otherwise you're gonna see a lot of, shall we say, unsavory photos. Haha)

51ZY0ABo9yL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Another trip to Wal-Mart, another one of those irresistible 4-film collections of low budget horror flicks from their $5.00 bin. Can't find a pic of the actual DVD, but these are the movies on it...

I saw the first one and it was ridiculously bad... but the second one seems interesting. :)

I saw the first one and it was ridiculously bad... but the second one seems interesting. :)

You mean "Tamara?" Yeah, as I said that was the one that hooked me. I'm like, "a hot, undead axe murdering chick? This I gotta see! :lol:

Here's the trailer. Looks silly but enjoyable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgY17TWzPkg

I want to see 'Tamara' too. Me likes the looks of the cove- uh, movie.

I just bought every single series of the 'X Files' for my wife and I. At about $12-$16 per entire series I'm pretty stoked with it to be honest. Got the 2 movies too, for about $3 each. :) Joy.

Found this at the dollar store. DIGITALLY REMASTERED no less. I've always wanted to see this. :rofl2:

dvdsci2.jpg

Picked up the UFO and Michael Schenker Rockpalast dvds. Both are top notch and highly recommended to any fans of these guys.

These are on my want list, I remember back in the mid 80`s, my dad ordered these videos, probably still got them somewhere, picture quality was pretty poor though.

Picked up the UFO and Michael Schenker Rockpalast dvds. Both are top notch and highly recommended to any fans of these guys.

These are on my want list, I remember back in the mid 80`s, my dad ordered these videos, probably still got them somewhere, picture quality was pretty poor though.

Picture on the dvds is actually very good. Sound is nice as well. The UFO dvd is LOUD. Or maybe I was just playing it LOUD. :party421:

Picture on the dvds is actually very good. Sound is nice as well. The UFO dvd is LOUD. Or maybe I was just playing it LOUD. :party421:

Sounds great mate :beerbang:

• 2 weeks later...

Picked this up for myself a few days ago:

get-smart-dvd-2008-14136157.jpeg

Got dese two fo' Crimmus:

iron-man-2-dvd-cover-art.jpg

The-Simpsons-Christmas.jpg

Coupla DVD pickin's from the FYE fire sale:

battlefieldearthdvdcover.jpg

(Yes, I know this movie is supposed to be absolutely godawful, but I have never seen it in its entirety and when I saw the price tag was only $1.97 I couldn't resist. With the 30 percent going-out-of-business discount, it only cost me 98 cents. For that price, if it sucks THAT bad I'll use it as a beer coaster and still feel like I got my money's worth.)

ramones.jpg

(I was stoked to find this one cheap...original price $7.99, knocked down to $5.50 after discount. This was a GREAT frickin documentary and I've been dying to own it ever since I saw it on cable a few years ago.)

• 2 weeks later...

Five bucks each from the FYE goin' out of biz sale:

51YiZdy9zLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

2-disc 20th Anniversary Edition. This is my fave movie of all time and I've been dying to upgrade the barebones DVD I have. This disc is the "uncut" version that previously was only available on the (much more expensive) Criterion Collection Edition. I'm so doing the Happy Dance right now. :bananamac:

51EGDYR82VL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Best Giant Robot Movie Ever. Screw "Transformers."

51QeJsA9nCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Heard this one was awful, but I'm an Indy fanboy and I haven't seen it yet so how could I resist for five bucks???

Where do I start, doods. Picked up 50+ DVDs from Video Ezy sales over the holidays. Some good new releases, and then pretty much any recent horror film you can mention. :lol: Man I cleaned up.

Also, totally loving the X-Files series I got my wife and I for christmas. Starting from where it all began...