Night Ranger

your thoughts  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Seeing this thread made me dig this one out. I remember listening to it a few times when it came out and shelving it. It gotta say that I'm actually liking this one now. 'Last Chance' is definately my fav on this one. 'The Night Has A Way' and 'Longest Days' are also good tracks to me.

I think this a Great Release...not a Classic in the True Night Ranger sense but a Great one for what it is...

Eventually after giving this a reasonable chance, I also think it`s a great album, not one of Night Ranger`s best but a very high standard.

Certainly grew on me like most things do if I stick with it! :tumbsup:

Backed :banger:

I think this a Great Release...not a Classic in the True Night Ranger sense but a Great one for what it is...

Eventually after giving this a reasonable chance, I also think it`s a great album, not one of Night Ranger`s best but a very high standard.

Certainly grew on me like most things do if I stick with it! :tumbsup:

Backed :banger:

:tumbsup::tumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Never judge a band by their hit singles without listening to other tracks first. This band will forever be damned by people, who have heard Sister Christian and nothing else, and that's a shame. Another mistake would be passing up a chance at listening to a release because "this guy ain't on it", or "that guy ain't on it". Yeah, Jack Blades was a major part of Night Ranger before this release, but Gary Moon is a tremendous talent in his own right, and did a very good job on this album. Brad Gillis and Kelly Keagy also did yeoman's work, and the result is shining tracks like Last Chance, So Far Gone, The Night Has A Way, and Music Box. And they've rocked plenty hard enough throughout their career - Eddie's Comin' Out Tonight, Passion Play, Sign Of The Times, Panic In Jane, As Always I Remain, Seven Wishes, This Boy Needs To Rock, etc.

Bro I've been on here spouting that same thing forever, I look at it this way, I picked up this cd at Circuit City the week it came out, and I remember looking at it and thinking "what the fuck is this" seeing the back and thinking "they are a 3 piece band now, and I only recognize 2 of them" but I bought it anyway, and to this day hold it in very high regard, the songs sound like night ranger songs, and the musicianship is highly better then any other album NR has released, some people I question their love of music, if Feeding was truly a bad album it would be a whole diffrent argument. But I have to disegree on one point? I don't think I could pick up a new Van Halen release, and discover Eddie wasn't on it, and buy it! same goes for a new Pantera, which obviously wouldn't include Darrell, but I didn't want anything to do with the new Jaded Heart because Kepic wasn't on it, but I forced myself, and am very thankful I did!

Well, we have to look at this within the bounds of reason by taking into account band members that are an overwhelming major focal point of a band; the band's personification. I never raised that point, but I adhere to it along the lines of: "If there's no Lemmy, there's no Motorhead."

Backed

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I still like it, everything ive heard from them since i think fucking blows, of course i stopped buying new night ranger after hearing that god awful cd that was released following this release! ya know the one that sounded like bad alternative music? but i got slammed for thinking that so i'll just shut up now and say this obliterates those newer discs!

• 4 years later...

I think Negative used that lyric on every song across all 5 albums.

Well, my beloved (and pretty fucking annoying) laptop is fucked at the moment, so I have potentially lost a huge chunk of my album registry (where I'm rating all my albums). And I can't cut and paste recent conquests, but I've been jamming to:

rest of the Nelson discography

Newman discography

first half of the Night Ranger discography

I haven't scored a song a 10/10 more instantly than I did Night Ranger's 'Four in the morning' since I rated the Cauterize albums. By fuck that song is sheer genius perfection. One of my all-time all-time faves.

yep i have to agree that '4 in the morning' is great......with the pre-chorus probably being my fav part.

but then there are quite a few NR songs i'd rate 10..........

Four in total. 'Forever all over again' 'Last chance' and 'I did it for love' round out the four.

really? Is that all............

Just off top off my head and without listening I could image these hitting 10 -

Love is Standing Near (prob my fav Nightranger song)

When You Close Your Eyes (2nd fav)

4 in the morning (3rd fav)

Sentimental Street

I Know Tonight

Restless Kind

Sing Me Away

at a bare minimum i'd say............lots of others would be 9-9.5 as well.

Wow, you like 'Sing me away' that much?? That's a bit of a nothing kind of ballad to me.

My top 10 songs would be;

10/10;

1. Four in the Morning (3:54)
2. Forever All Over Again (4:59)
3. I Did It For Love (4:49)
4. Last Chance (5:05)
9.5/10;
5. When You Close Your Eyes (4:16)
9/10;
6. Precious Time (4:41)
7. Someday I Will (4:16)
8.75/10;
8. Don't Start Thinking (I'm Alone Tonight) (4:43)
8.5/10;
9. Chippin' Away (4:10)
10. Rain Comes Crashing Down (5:56)