What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Currently listening to a file of "classic" style rock tunes I'm putting together om my MP3 player so I can listen to some good music at work!

Currently about 600 songs in the file so far!

Got it on random with Faster Pussycat-Nonstop to nowhere just finishing and next up is....................Motley Crue-Poison apples!

VICTORY - Culture Killed The Native

What a great CD, MJ!

:o NO KIDDING!!!! Y'know.....I've got "Temples Of Gold" and I do NOT remember being knocked on my butt like I am with THIS one!! :lol:

Unreal.....

"NEVER SATISFIED" is just..........unreal!! :o LOVE this thing!!!

You're welcome dude....right now listening to a lil' German Indie called...

Chain Gang ~ "s/t"........freaking awesome sleazy hard rock!!!

Put Marvelous 3 in the car today (Ready Sex Go), but I can't get rid of Satanicide here in the computer. This CD is kickass stuff!

The Donnas - Spend The Night

Nice to see I aint the only Donnas fan here!

Yeah, now I have to start looking for their other stuff, too. (Just another band to add to the list!)

The Donnas - Spend The Night

Nice to see I aint the only Donnas fan here!

Yeah, now I have to start looking for their other stuff, too. (Just another band to add to the list!)

I bought "Get Skintight" first then picked up "Turn 21" which are both really great albums (one features a Motley Crue Cover,the other features a Judas Priest cover) so I decided to buy the first two albums.

The self titled debut is mostly indy demos & various EPs cobbled together & sound quality is really poor (the songwriting isnt that great either but the girls would have only been about 16 or 17 at the time).

"American teenage rock n roll machine" is far better but still lacks the quality of "Get skintight" onwards.

"Spend the night" is another great album!

Also worth finding if you can download them or whatever are great covers of "Speeding back to my baby","Strutter" & "Keep on loving you" from various soundtracks or singles.

Here's an idea that someone had a year or so ago. Why don't we get a group of us together, around 10 people or so, and trade mp3's. We can work out a swap between us and send each other a cd with songs from semi-obscure bands that we enjoy. I think it would be cool to get a cd, say every month, with a bunch of songs that are new to me. Anyone else have any input? Personally, I think this would be a cool idea, and being that I've dealt with quite a few of you, it should work out. Please leave feedback either way.

Josh Todd - You Made Me. Wasn't majorly impressed, but a good CD... and then I got to track 13! Lovely Bones was phenominal, in my opinion. Definitely will deserve another spin soon!

The self titled debut is mostly indy demos & various EPs cobbled together & sound quality is really poor (the songwriting isnt that great either but the girls would have only been about 16 or 17 at the time).

"American teenage rock n roll machine" is far better but still lacks the quality of "Get skintight" onwards.

Also worth finding if you can download them or whatever are great covers of "Speeding back to my baby","Strutter" & "Keep on loving you" from various soundtracks or singles.

Captain, I was CD shopping this past weekend and came across a few of their albums, but just didn't plunk down the money because I didn't know what I'd run across later. However, when I return to the Burgh in April, I will have more time, more money, and a better idea of what is there. I hope their stuff is still around.

Captain, I was CD shopping this past weekend and came across a few of their albums, but just didn't plunk down the money because I didn't know what I'd run across later. However, when I return to the Burgh in April, I will have more time, more money, and a better idea of what is there. I hope their stuff is still around.

As I say you cant go wrong with "Get Skintight" or "Turn 21",but only buy the other two if they are reasonably cheap,they aint bad but they lack the maturity & quality of the later releases!

Oh,forgot to mention two CDs I played last night that I only recieved yesterday:

Eddie Money-The sound of money

Eddie Money-Unplug it in

Now I'm listening to:

Pretty Boy Floyd-Tonight belongs to the young

Now I'm listening to:

Pretty Boy Floyd-Tonight belongs to the young

I was listening to that yesterday. I was pleased they finally released it after all these years. Anyone who liked the debut will like this one (this was supposed to be the follow up).

Currently i'm listening to Prophet's debut album. Ted Poley is sounding good on "Listen To Ya". Haven't listened to this in a while. :rolleyes:

I actually owned most of these demos for years but there are still some songs from this session they havent released.

I reckon there is prolly a whole album worth of stuff still out there!

Listening to now:

Jaime Kyle-Passionate kind

XYZ-S/T

Killer Dwarfs...Method To The Madness....just seen there video on Metal Mania and it got me in the mood for some Dwarfs.

OOOOOHHHHHHH........I just ordered this the other day!! Can't WAIT to get it!!

I'm doin' Dokken - Back For The Attack tonight!! :banger:

(so far, that is.....what's next???? who knows!!! :P)

I actually owned most of these demos for years but there are still some songs from this session they havent released.

I reckon there is prolly a whole album worth of stuff still out there!

I have all the Pretty Boy Floyd studio albums and i just checked to see how many demo's i've got that aren't on any official release so far.

Captain, you'll be pleased to hear there are 22 (all at least as good as the stuff on Vault 1 and 2). And that doesn't include any Doll songs from before they changed their name. There's a few of them that will probably see the light of day at some point. :headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

Anyway, i'm listening to China's debut album followed by the new Joe Lynn Turner CD. Both are kickin' ass! :D