Song of the Day

66 mustang

SOUTHERN GENTLEMEN - Broken Man & Heaven Help Me Now {Heavy blues at it's best....Real down and dirty stuff :tumbsup: }

Burned Child - Fate

:banger::banger::banger:

F*CK !! What a SONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAPA ROACH - What Do I Do?

Was between this & "Forever"....

I had a feeling you'd like these 2. Am I the only one completely in love with 'Roses on my grave' also?

I had a feeling you'd like these 2. Am I the only one completely in love with 'Roses on my grave' also?

Yeah is a great track, love the orchestral elements. The opening track sucks big-time & it takes until about track 7 or 8 to really get going, but it has some KILLER tunes.

My only slight reservation is their eagerness to jump into the modern-rock field after the supposed death of nu-metal. I have one of their previous albums ("Infest" I think its called) & this is a radical departure. I understand this is going to get them an entirely new audience & that they have to make money (& they really do do this stuff brilliantly), but I would question their motives... If AOR suddenly became huge again I can't see someone like SLIPKNOT trading in their sound/image & getting perms & a keyboard player? :blink:

Yeah is a great track, love the orchestral elements. The opening track sucks big-time & it takes until about track 7 or 8 to really get going, but it has some KILLER tunes.

My only slight reservation is their eagerness to jump into the modern-rock field after the supposed death of nu-metal. I have one of their previous albums ("Infest" I think its called) & this is a radical departure. I understand this is going to get them an entirely new audience & that they have to make money (& they really do do this stuff brilliantly), but I would question their motives... If AOR suddenly became huge again I can't see someone like SLIPKNOT trading in their sound/image & getting perms & a keyboard player? :blink:

Hey, Tim (2)... 'Infest' is pretty much the only album of that particular 'nu-metal' stlye they ever did. Their last 3 or 4 have all been in this "new" style... this one is just much better. I fully agree too. Tracks 8-15 are all excellent... as is 5. :)

Hey, Tim (2)... 'Infest' is pretty much the only album of that particular 'nu-metal' stlye they ever did. Their last 3 or 4 have all been in this "new" style... this one is just much better. I fully agree too. Tracks 8-15 are all excellent... as is 5. :)

Fair enough, I guess they only bandwagon-hopped on "Infest" then?! Let me know if there's other albums worth getting as this is terrific stuff...

My other joint-'Song of the Day' is:-

VERTIGO - In the Blink Of An Eye

Still dislike the album but it does have some saving-graces...

Dirty Rig - "Suck It"

Kinda matches my mood today...

"Voodoo Queen" - Voodoo-X

Fair enough, I guess they only bandwagon-hopped on "Infest" then?! Let me know if there's other albums worth getting as this is terrific stuff...

My other joint-'Song of the Day' is:-

VERTIGO - In the Blink Of An Eye

Still dislike the album but it does have some saving-graces...

'What do you do' by Papa Roach and 'Starlight' by Harem Scarem are swapping places in my head.

As for Papa Roach, there was one disc before 'Infest' which ain't that grand at all, and after 'Infest' there were 'Lovehatetragedy' (2002) and 'Getting away with murder' (2004). IMO, they progressively have got better with each release. 'Getting away with murder' is actually a pretty damn good disc. I would recommend it, but don't expect any of them to be anywhere near as good as 'The Paramour sessions'. The last 2 are sort of in Hardcore Superstar, Backyard Babies, New American Shame territory. IMO, they're much better than those 3 bands, but still that sort of style. Maybe seek 'em out 2nd hand? :) I've been meaning to listen again for a while. I think you'll kinda dig 'Getting away with murder' too.