Davesmetal

Guest Bluebajoo

Indeed - He does have quite a few attractive titles in his catalog, but won't be dealing with him again after this one.

I ordered every one of the Hard'n'Heavy Rarities & Forgotten Metal Gems 3-0n-1 titles he had listed which amounted to a pretty sizable purchase. Without GEMMs shield guarantee I'm pretty sure I would've got burned!

Most sellers on GEMM have inflated prices on their titles, but it's always a risk-free transaction there. If ANYTHING is not to your satisfaction you can get your money back, which is not always the case on ebay!

Indeed - He does have quite a few attractive titles in his catalog, but won't be dealing with him again after this one.

I ordered every one of the Hard'n'Heavy Rarities & Forgotten Metal Gems 3-0n-1 titles he had listed which amounted to a pretty sizable purchase. Without GEMMs shield guarantee I'm pretty sure I would've got burned!

Most sellers on GEMM have inflated prices on their titles, but it's always a risk-free transaction there. If ANYTHING is not to your satisfaction you can get your money back, which is not always the case on ebay!

Did you get Forgotten Metal #9?

Did you get Forgotten Metal #9?

Nope, got #6, #10, #14, & #15.

Who's on #9?

I was told #9 is either scarce, or one of the bands on it complained and the Greeks pulled it out... the greeks have been booting them so fast I ended up getting some (#9, 16, 17, 18) along with bunch other "series" before realizing they are boots.

on #9 are:

Hammerwitch - Return to Salem

Trop Feross - Resurection

Cassle - Midnight Fantasy

Yeah, I knew these were boots - but be awfully hard tracking legitimate releases of most of these titles down.

Out of the thirteen 3-on-1 titles I picked up I have ONE out of 36 bands on them that I have the actual legitimate demo tape release of!

Most of the artists on these were obscure when the releases were current & are even more so now...

Yeah, I knew these were boots - but be awfully hard tracking legitimate releases of most of these titles down.

Out of the thirteen 3-on-1 titles I picked up I have ONE out of 36 bands on them that I have the actual legitimate demo tape release of!

Most of the artists on these were obscure when the releases were current & are even more so now...

I agree with you. Those are very tempting titles, along with the "HEAVY METAL OBSCURITIES - The Vinyl Years!" - tons of rare demos and 7"

• 1 month later...

Sent him an email to his hotmail address with a different mail account and he answered immediatly, promising to send the CDs.

I'm curious if, finally, I will receive my CDs. :D

Been around 6 weeks since your last post - did Dave come through yet or no?

Guest Bluebajoo

Sent him an email to his hotmail address with a different mail account and he answered immediatly, promising to send the CDs.

I'm curious if, finally, I will receive my CDs. :D

Been around 6 weeks since your last post - did Dave come through yet or no?

Hi there,

no, nothing. No contact, no response!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Bluebajoo

Just to keep you posted:

No replies since then.

Contacted him with different email accounts but no response.

Seems to be a rip-off evidently.

So, my warning goes out to anybody.

CU

Joe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a run in with Davesmetal I believe last year. He had a bunch of new Hair Metal tapes that I wanted and they were only $1 a piece. I'm not sure of how many I won, but the total came out to be $25. I tried for what was about a month to get a total from him. After I got the total I sent the payment out fairly fast. He get the payment and then tells me the package is on the way. Another month or so goes by and still nothing. I e-mail him and say that I never got the package. Several e-mails later and still no tapes I start to get irritated. It's been a total of 3-4 months now and finally I just give him bad feedback. I didn't give bad feedback on all of the auctions, but the feedback from him still hurt my Ebay rating. He tried to blame it on me being impatient and the fact that it was the holiday season. Yeah, it takes like 4 months to deliver a few tapes.

Eventually he e-mailed me and said he would make things right. He asked me what items I won and told me he would give me credit. I told him what I won and I told him I wanted Trixie. He agreed and said he would gather the items. A few e-mails later and eventually no replies I just gave up. I wasted about half a year trying to get $25 in tapes. I gotta know, wouldn't it have just been easier to have sent me the tapes in the first place? Would have saved himself and so many others so much pain.

Davesmetal - my first and only bad experience with eBay. But obviously I have been more lucky than some of you.

On two occasions last year I had to remind him at least 4 times, before I finally did receive my CD's. But it took app. 6 weeks each time. :angryfire:

The same excuses as already mentioned. Disorganized ?? That's one way of putting it.

After that I avoided Davesmetal. Allthough it is a pity. He has got good titles - I bought the SKAGARACK - "Big Time" and the first SEVENTH KEY from him - and his shipping cost to Germany were more than fair (4$).

I hope you will receive your CD's finally ! Don't give up !!