Van Stephenson

heavyharmonies

Listening to the two CDs this afternoon. Phenomenal '80s AOR. I usually don't like to tout CDs that our resident nutjob Freaky Freddy goes gaga over, but these really are gems.

I think I like Righteous Anger just a tad better than Suspicious Heart, but both are worth seeking out if you can find them. A copy of "Righteous Anger" just went for $61.00 on the bay! You used to be able to find both discs easily in the $15-20 range.

Crazy.

• 3 months later...

Pure brilliant slabs of AOR I also like Rightous anger more than Suspicious Heart. I picked up both of them for 32 dollars at Music Buy Mail. They rank right up there with John Parr's first cd and Robert Tepper's No easy Way Out Classic 'Nuff Said

Have to agree - both are excellent. I also prefer 'Righteous Anger' but it's a close call. Got both of mine when they were issued on the Hi-Vaultage label a good few years back (I think these were the first issues on cd) although I had the vinyl versions from when they were released in the 80's. Definately 2 to track down!!!

Top stuff indeed I can't chose between the two. Does anyone know what his very first album China Girl is like?? I'm sure I found a website where you could possibly download the tracks from it .... hang on a min....

Yep the link is

http://www.geocities.com/black-hawk.geo/vansolo/vs1.html

I think they are full tracks...I can't check as I'm at work and our firewall won't let me download nuthin'. I'll try when I get home I think and maybe try burning it to CD. :)

I just downloaded Modern Day Delilah and man, that's one hell of a song... AOR perfection! I'm on my search for these two CD's... :)

They still have both of them at www.Musicbuymail.com Rightous Anger is 15.50Euro and Suspicious Heart is 14.90Euro I have dealt with them a few times and it has been all good. And they take Paypal

• 3 years later...

OK, I remembered this one from my youth after watching the video on youtube. I thought the lead girl was a showstopper back in the day. Actually a catchy tune but if I remember correctly, AORfreaky was saying this blew away anything by Journey. :screwy::lol:

OK, I remembered this one from my youth after watching the video on youtube. I thought the lead girl was a showstopper back in the day. Actually a catchy tune but if I remember correctly, AORfreaky was saying this blew away anything by Journey. :screwy::lol:

Good ol Freaky reckoned anything blew away Journey.

Good ol Freaky reckoned anything blew away Journey.

Excellent point.