UEFA European Cup 2024

Ponen

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, Ponen said:

Go Germany!

Germany 2 - 0 Scotland πŸ˜…

Are we surprised?

The Swiss looked good in the first half..Hungary came well into it 2nd..but what a finish from Embolo and with his thigh strapping falling round his foot tooΒ :)Β 

16 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Are we surprised?

Was close in the end..oh wait it wasn't lol

3 hours ago, lettard said:

Nice match coming up...

Spain v Croatia wasn't even close :(Β that was a surprise, Croatia usually so hard to break down and a consistent side.

3 hours ago, PeterS said:

The weekend in Munich has been absolutely insane. I'm just going to call the Scotland fans beerlocust from now on.Β 

448339578_10160156812095897_6048766498949672567_n.jpg

:lol:Β Are you managing to see go to any of the matches Peter? great experience to have a comp like this so close...Our Wee Country hosting the U-19 Euro championships here in July...will be in Belfast around then and may scoot into Larne for our opener against Ukraine on 15thΒ :drink:

10 hours ago, lettard said:

:lol:Β Are you managing to see go to any of the matches Peter? great experience to have a comp like this so close...Our Wee Country hosting the U-19 Euro championships here in July...will be in Belfast around then and may scoot into Larne for our opener against Ukraine on 15thΒ :drink:

Like concerts I just won't go and spend an absolute fortune on sport. Ticket prices out of my price range.Β 

I did do the whole of Euro 96 and I'm somewhere in this video stood up next to one of the roof legs as we were leaving.Β 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f27qcJLokQ

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kristian said:

Cheering for Denmark as always.

They'll probably end up as no 2 in their group, and will meet Germany in the first knock-out match, so I'm guessing it's bye bye after that.

You never know Kristian...football is a funny old game lol

21 hours ago, lettard said:

Portugal looking good...won at a canter...them Spain & Germany looking very strong,although I must say both Georgia & Albania showing fight.

Yeah, I think Spain and Germany so far have been fantastic. But the other heavyweights like France, Belgium and Portugal, with the kind of world-class players at their disposal, you never know, might get stronger as the tourney progresses. As far as England is concerned, I don't know what is it with them. Always always underperform at the international level. But at club level, they are all top performers. Funny.

19 hours ago, Kristian said:

Cheering for Denmark as always.

They'll probably end up as no 2 in their group, and will meet Germany in the first knock-out match, so I'm guessing it's bye bye after that.

You never know. Sports is funny. If it's not your day then that's it. Even champions have bad days.

3 hours ago, Ponen said:

Belgium and Portugal, with the kind of world-class players at their disposal, you never know

Portugal looked good yesterday,so much strength in depth when you look at the players they have that are not starting...Belgium looked like themselves last night after an iffy first game.

Edited by lettard