A Neverending John's Dream - Coming Back To Paradise

Stefan

image.thumb.png.cbc1d9545294ef30d048232f3b141e37.png

Album out April 14th. From Pride & Joy Music:

A Neverending John’s Dream is a Melodic Hard ‘n’ Heavy band formed in Barcelona in 2022 when Joan M. Heredia (drums, vocal, and composer) teamed up with David Vidal (guitars), Paul E. Schuster (bass) and Xavier Miró (keyboards).

Joan M. Heredia started to play drums, to sing and to write songs more than 20 years ago, has been playing in dozens of bands but so far never has thought about releasing own material until now.

A Neverending John’s Dream’s debut album, “Coming Back to Paradise”, was completely written and produced by Joan M. Heredia. The recordings and the mix took place at Moontower Studios in Barcelona. Erik Mårtensson (Eclipse) at Mass Destruction Production Studios (Sweden) mastered this release. The cover artwork and the CD layout were designed by Jan Yrlund, at Darkgrove Design (Finland); photos were taken by Irene Serrano.

“Coming Back to Paradise” is a melodic hard ‘n’ heavy album, with a late 80s/ early 90s feel, but with an up to date production. The lyrics are telling stories about a lot of experiences, centred in human condition, music, and nature. The song chosen as a single with a video clip (filmed by Visual Noise Barcelona) is “Coming Back to Paradise”, a veritable hard rock hit with the homonymous title of the album.

The meaning of the band’s name is a bit philosophic. The creation of music has no end (Neverending), and this fact, is like a dream for Joan M. Heredia (John). Live gigs for Spain around currently being planned.

Edited by Stefan

• My Little Pony

What in the fuck is that name? A Neverending John's Dream? Are you fucked?!! I mean, I'll give it a listen--Pride & Joy usually have good releases--but fuck that name!

18 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

What in the fuck is that name? A Neverending John's Dream? Are you fucked?!! I mean, I'll give it a listen--Pride & Joy usually have good releases--but fuck that name!

It is very poor language. It reads like John is never-ending, which makes absolutely no sense at all. I suppose they meant the dream is never-ending. In that case the band name should be John's Never-ending Dream. Still a stupid name, but at least it would be grammatically correct.

Edited by auslander

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I thought exactly the same thing.

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought “John” was being used to mean a prostitutes customer. A never ending John’s dream would be a dude’s ongoing sexual fantasy. 

Anyway, music is strong, vocals are weak. Pass.

I saw the name, thought the exact same thing about a prostitute's customer, figured it was a band that had no idea about the English language, and so expected some cheesey AOR with a heavy accent and non-sensical lyrics that are liberally borrowed from every 80's AOR cliche (aka The Del Vecchio songbook) and decided to give it a wide berth.

Was I wrong?

• 4 weeks later...