Stryper - Acousticyzed (CD+ blu ray/DVD)

From Facebook.

Acousticyzed CD+Blu-ray or DVD
Release Date: February 16, 2024
Two disc set containing an audio CD and Blu-ray video.
The band's first acoustic album and video recorded and filmed at SpiritHouse Studios in 2021. This is a very limited pressing collector's-edition and features 11 beautifully recorded fan-favorites and hits, including a never before heard version of the spiritual classic "Amazing Grace". This album is not available on streaming services.
The video captures an intimate set of Stryper performing the album live in the studio. Includes original members Michael Sweet, Robert Sweet, Oz Fox - along with long-time member Perry Richardson.
*Bonus - Get $1.00 off a Stryper Chocolate Bar when you purchase Acousticyzed. That's a pretty SWEET deal! Discount will automatically be applied at checkout

Unsurprisingly Stryper merch is always over priced (remember the $75 for a face mask during Covid?)
$37 for CD/blu ray and $33 for CD/DVD. And I don't even wanna think about the postage.
Hell, the chocolate bar you get $1 off is $6.

• Like 2

Is there any audio or video samples from this anywhere? I'm not seeing anything on Youtube. I'll probably get the blu-ray, but I want to hear/see clips first before plopping down US$40+.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Is there any audio or video samples from this anywhere? I'm not seeing anything on Youtube. I'll probably get the blu-ray, but I want to hear/see clips first before plopping down US$40+.

My guess is no seeing as they say it's not available on streaming services, which I would assume includes YouTube.

Damn, I've been getting into acoustic stuff recently. Means I can play stuff inside without the fam whining... but that is steep. Also the chocolate bar is a bizarre concept.

Looking at the comments on Stryper and Michaels FB pages it is understandable why they get away with the prices they stick on their merch. They have way too many fans who think the bands shit dont stink, and will buy anything they put out no matter what the price. The comments of how great it is, when they have not even heard it yet really does speak volumes about how indoctrinated some of their fans are into the cult of Stryper. I have no issue with Christians and their beliefs even if it's not the way I roll, but these seem to be the same sort of people who send their life savings to TV evangelists because they think some orange skinned scam artist is gonna ease their way into heaven.

I genuinely love Stryper, or at least I did until Michael started bombarding us with new material every five minutes.

• 1 month later...

From Sleaze Roxx

Stryper’s acoustic project ‘Acousticyzed’ getting re-released - Sleaze Roxx

Stryper’s acoustic project ‘Acousticyzed’ getting re-released

Back on February 16, 2024, Christian rockers Stryper consisting of lead vocalist / guitarist Michael Sweet, drummer Robert Sweet, guitarist Oz Fox and bassist Perry Richardson released their first acoustic record titled Acousticyzed. but in limited quantities. Not surprisingly, the album sold out pretty quickly and now Stryper have decided to re-release it in various new formats.

Stryper-poster-1-e1713181728527.jpeg

Track List for Acousticyzed (released on Feb. 16, 2024):
01. You Know What To Do
02. Soldiers Under Command
03. No More Hell To Pay
04. Make You Mine
05. Loud & Clear
06. Lady
07. Honestly
08. Calling On You
09. Amazing Grace
10. Always There For You
11. All For One

The following message was posted on Stryper‘s Facebook page back on April 12, 2024:

“We’re here to share a major update: the Stryper acoustic project is being re-released in new and exciting ways!

Initially, when we decided to offer Acousticyzed two-disc sets directly to consumers, we were extremely cautious with production. Since this project was entirely self-funded and independently released, it was crucial for us to assess interest before taking an even bigger leap.

Well…as you may be aware, the sets sold out very quickly, and we can’t thank you enough for making that happen.

That said, we’ve heard your feedback loud and clear! You want MORE.

We’re thrilled to announce a partnership that will take this project to the next level. We’re teaming up with a company to elevate the experience and bring you some incredible new products. This collaboration will allow us to expand our formats to include vinyl, CDs, DVDs/Blu-rays, and even cassettes.

Stay tuned for more details and release dates. We’ll also have these items available for purchase during our upcoming “To Hell With The Amps” tour (https://stryper.com/tour).

We are incredibly grateful to each and every one of you for your unwavering support of this project, and we can’t wait to share this next chapter with you!”