Guns n Roses - The General

whiplash1972

Official audio for new single "The General"

WTF did I just listen to? 😳

At the moment I'm posting this, the overwhelming majority of comments on YT are positive... maybe I just don't understand Axl's genius? 😂

New Sebastian Bach and GN'R on the same day. How very 1991. 

Jeez, what to make of that? I actually think there may be a decent song under there if they stripped away every single ounce of absolute garbage over the top of it. The middle eastern twang shit in the verses, the overpowering vocal effects in the chorus, and all the other just absolute shit. Peel all that away and give us the Guns N' Roses version of this song and it might he half okay. As it is, it's an absolute fucking mess of absolute shit. Is he even meant to be audible in the chorus?

Yeah, just fuck it all off and be Guns N' Roses would be my tip for them, and I know they'd be taking tips from me. 

• Like 1

Yikes.  How could a band that was so good become so bad?  Clearly, there was a reason these songs they're putting out were never released.....they're all varying degrees of bad.

Whatever secret sauce this band had back during the Appetite and Illusion eras clearly got used up and the jar was licked clean.

Is it really that hard to just do some catchy hard rock songs with some Slash riffs/solos mixed in?  Apparently it is because they don't seem capable of doing it the past 30 years.

8 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

At the moment I'm posting this, the overwhelming majority of comments on YT are positive... maybe I just don't understand Axl's genius? 😂

I am firmly convinced that the vast majority of YT comments to major artist videos are bot comments. It's been going on for a while now. Lots of non-English comments dominating, and they're always positive and gushing, yet non-specific.

Now for my take: a heaping pile of unlistenable dogshit. It's putrid.