Ace Frehley - 10,000 volts ... new song.

Captain Howdy

• 2 months later...

Meh, decent I guess. I feel like they missed a real opportunity in the vid by not giving the alien guitarists at least 3 breast each! 👽 😂

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Probably wouldn't have bothered to check this out if I'd not heard an interview with Ace where they spoke about the fact that Steve Brown of Trixter fame co-wrote and produced the album. And it does sound good, production-wise. And the songs are a bit better than I expected. Stand out track is the simple but nice 'Back Into My Arms Again.' 

The but? For me, it's the vocals. He is not a good singer... quite a bad one, in fact, and it affects the songs poorly, for me. Which is not to say they're all great otherwise. But some are okay. I wish they'd used Steve for the vocals... 

• Like 1

Easily his best work since 89's "Trouble Walkin'". Working with Steve Brown definitely helped make the songs more melodic and memorable. Definitely better than I was expecting. :tumbsup:

I've seen the term 'Acetards' used a bit on Facebook lately.i guess some people get him.

I've never seen him really as a singer at all.

He made some earlier stuff work but since then the fun of his weird voice wore off and now it's just embarrassing.