Rydholm / Säfsund - Kaleidoscope

Stefan

First single 'Hey You' coming November 10th.

From FB:

Some people wonder why we have chosen to use a new name, Rydholm and Säfsund, for the release of the coming songs and the reason for that is that the new music comes with slight change of direction for this album. Not as heavy as the Art of Illusion songs and more funky. It even has horns on it. So hard to describe music but if we try, it's a mixture between melodic rock, west coast and a little bit of pop.

We just hope that the new music will be reviewed on its own and for what it is. It's so easy to compare with our old stuff, but as a signal that it's intentionally different, we have chosen to release it under our names instead of using Art of Illusion. That doesn't mean that we will stop making melodic rock or love it any less. This album is just another exploration of our music passion and a try to grow as musicians and songwriters. It has also been a lot of fun because it's great and really groovy songs with tons of melody.

We will still be using this FB-page for our music.

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

• Stefan changed the title to Rydholm / Säfsund - Hey You
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Stefan changed the title to Rydholm / Säfsund - new songs
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.3b31cbeccd6230b84df58b3c6b339e77.png

New album 'Kaleidoscope' out April 12th.

01. Now And Forever [04:10]
02. Hey You [05:09]’
03. What’s Not To Love [03:24]
04. Seven Signs of Love [05:37]
05. Don’t Make Me Do It [05:36]
06. 4th of July [04:00]
07. The Bet [05:52]
08. Sara’s Dream [04:29]
09. Bucket List [05:41]
10. The Plains of Marathon [05:00]
11. Kaleidoscope [04:13]
12. Love Will Find A Way [05:38]

Edited by Stefan

• Stefan changed the title to Rydholm / Säfsund - Kaleidoscope
  • 3 weeks later...

Love all of the tracks so far. ‘Now and Forever’ is very very Toto like and it’s also good to see them going back to the more trad. West Coast sound with the funky horn section etc  on some tracks, rather than churn out another Work Of Art style  soundalike release…. Really good stuff this. 

• My Little Pony

I commented on this thread last year, and then completely forgot about it. Finally getting caught up, and, holy shit, I love this! Totally my jam! But who's surprised?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

KILLER!!! album and not 1 filler, agree about some of the TOTO comparisons but this has a real Ole Børud vibe to it, Awesome!!! stuff.

On 4/19/2024 at 7:23 AM, Mr.AOR said:

KILLER!!! album and not 1 filler, agree about some of the TOTO comparisons but this has a real Ole Børud vibe to it, Awesome!!! stuff.

It is a brilliant album from start to finish, A big Toto sound on some tracks, but I totally agree with the Ole Børud comparison too and of course Chicago with the big use of horns, which it must be said have been superbly arranged. Top notch production job, top notch musicians, top notch album in general.