Europe - Hold Your Head Up

Stefan

Not a fan of their more recent material but thats not bad...didn't they say in an interview not so long ago that Joey wanted to make new music with their 80's style? Or am I making that up :D

On 9/29/2023 at 4:17 AM, lettard said:

Not a fan of their more recent material but thats not bad...didn't they say in an interview not so long ago that Joey wanted to make new music with their 80's style? Or am I making that up :D

Yeah, I was mad keen to hear this song based on that commentary too. 

It's not perfect, but for me it's a massive step in the right direction. The difference being that this is actually listenable and has a strong sense of melody too. That riff would have to be the most melodic thing they've done since the two songs on the 'Best of' from 1993. I don't mind it.

Like I said, it's not perfect, but to me it's a hell of a lot better than anything they've done since 'Start from the dark' and probably better than 90% of that album too.  

It took some time to get into this song, but now I kind of like it. Very nice riff and an ok chorus, IMO.