The Runaway Wild - The Runaway Wild (2023) (Magic Dance)

Tabe

Released earlier this year is the debut album from The Runaway Wild, a new solo project from Jon Siejka, whose other solo project - Magic Dance - you may already be familiar with.  The Runaway Wild is basically Magic Dance - the sound is pretty much identical - except with an even heavier focus on horror/dark themes than Magic Dance.  I have no clue why he felt the need to give this a new name but whatever.  Anyway, as a big fan of Magic Dance, I dig it.

• My Little Pony
12 hours ago, Tabe said:

Released earlier this year is the debut album from The Runaway Wild, a new solo project from Jon Siejka, whose other solo project - Magic Dance - you may already be familiar with.  The Runaway Wild is basically Magic Dance - the sound is pretty much identical - except with an even heavier focus on horror/dark themes than Magic Dance.  I have no clue why he felt the need to give this a new name but whatever.  Anyway, as a big fan of Magic Dance, I dig it.

Is he still with Frontiers? If not, that might be the reason for the name change. 

34 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Is he still with Frontiers? If not, that might be the reason for the name change. 

That's a good point. I know he has been leaning further and further into AOR territory since signing there but I still prefer his earlier synthwave work. It would be nice to keep the cheesy horror themes under a different moniker.