Darts

Leykis101

Anybody play darts? I have lost my mind, I cant stop playing, Ive joined leagues, playing 701, 501, and Cricket, steel tip and soft tip, I'm fucking addicted, it takes up all my free time, which isnt much, Ive watched like many many hours of Phil Taylor and Michael Van Gerwen matches, I think I found my new shit, I know you Brits play, and many Aussies, not a whole lot of American players, it's so fucking difficult and I cant stop playing.

13 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

I played a shit ton back in my college days, soft-tip at the bars and steel-tip at home. A lot of people played 301/501, but I always liked Cricket the best.

Yeah I fkn love Cricket, that's my favorite, I'm thinking about dropping for that Prodigy board, it's an electronic steel tip board, with a killer app, you can connect it to like your home tv and it brings up the score board on it, but they are $1,500 so I am going to try one out Tuesday and see if it's cool enough my cheap ass wont be able to say no.

Been playing for about 12 years in a local league, was always pretty good and a friend asked if i'd join there team in that league , said no at first because I had visions of these guys hitting tons for fun...they don't...but I did  :) so I joined up and the rest is history...used to practice every night for a few hours then league on a Friday night...in a pub of course  :) 

Don't practice now half as much as I should, I had dartitis a few years ago,couldn't let go of the dart...really fucked up my throw and my head cause I knew I could play but my arm/head wouldnt allow it  :( it lasted nearly 3 years,i've had to change my throw style/dart weight(was 21g now 30g)/flight set up(standard now with short 32mm stems) but im gettin there...starting to enjoy it again...and a few pints help  :)

• 2 months later...
On 12/18/2022 at 5:42 AM, lettard said:

Been playing for about 12 years in a local league, was always pretty good and a friend asked if i'd join there team in that league , said no at first because I had visions of these guys hitting tons for fun...they don't...but I did  :) so I joined up and the rest is history...used to practice every night for a few hours then league on a Friday night...in a pub of course  :) 

Don't practice now half as much as I should, I had dartitis a few years ago,couldn't let go of the dart...really fucked up my throw and my head cause I knew I could play but my arm/head wouldnt allow it  :( it lasted nearly 3 years,i've had to change my throw style/dart weight(was 21g now 30g)/flight set up(standard now with short 32mm stems) but im gettin there...starting to enjoy it again...and a few pints help  :)

Yeah I heard about that shit, that's a fuckin trip to try to comprehend for people who have never had it, it truly is unfathomable, I finished 4th in my region of 500+ singles competitors. Not too shabby for my 1st ever League entrance, the dude that beat me, it felt debilitating, this dude hit anything he was aiming at perfectly, 96% of the time, I stood NO chance, I walked away with my sub-con thinking why even stay in the league, I can never beat that guy, hell I will never even be competitive with that guy, there's no point in continuing playing,

7 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Yeah I heard about that shit, that's a fuckin trip to try to comprehend for people who have never had it, it truly is unfathomable, I finished 4th in my region of 500+ singles competitors. Not too shabby for my 1st ever League entrance, the dude that beat me, it felt debilitating, this dude hit anything he was aiming at perfectly, 96% of the time, I stood NO chance, I walked away with my sub-con thinking why even stay in the league, I can never beat that guy, hell I will never even be competitive with that guy, there's no point in continuing playing,

Just keep going ,to come 4th outta over 500 ,thats some goin,  we play a couple of guys who are regular on the big Tv tournaments including the Premier League...usually get beat but sometimes we get close, if they have an off night...to be honest they are a different level but thats why they are on Tv...for some of them its a full time job being a Professional dart thrower :drink: 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, lettard said:

Just keep going ,to come 4th outta over 500 ,thats some goin,  we play a couple of guys who are regular on the big Tv tournaments including the Premier League...usually get beat but sometimes we get close, if they have an off night...to be honest they are a different level but thats why they are on Tv...for some of them its a full time job being a Professional dart thrower :drink: 

I cant think of a time in my life, any sport Ive ever played, at any age and any level, have I ever felt that over-matched, like a complete hopeless feeling, like cut the head right off my ego, I mean I felt like a straight up punk bitch, it was probably good for me, reality checks are necessary in life.