The Hot Summers - St

Mr.AOR

• 2023 Gold Donors

THE HOT SUMMERS are a new rock band featuring Mick Sweda formerly of the Bulletboys on guitar and Shane Tassart on vocals. They deliver some of the best straight ahead melodic pop-rock heard in decades. Their sound falls somewhere between Tesla and Danger Danger.

Shane Tassart - Lead Vocals, Guitar
Mick Sweda - Lead Guitar
James D’Anda - Drums

Debut album out now...

Yeah I was going to make a thread on these guys a little while back. Really nice modern pop rock. Not sure about the Danger Danger and Tesla thing, but I was really pleasantly surprised with how good the songs are. Very enjoyable. Just wish the production was a little punchier. 

Had not heard of these guys either....I'm digging that tune shared above.  

I can hear the Danger Danger reference in that song....not sure about the Tesla comparison unless that comes out somewhere else.

Either way, I'm gonna check this one out.

• 2 weeks later...

THE HOT SUMMERS (ex King Cobra, BulletBoys) – The Hot Summers +2 (2022)

BY VARIOUS SOURCES DECEMBER 16, 2022

THE HOT SUMMERS (ex King Cobra, BulletBoys) - The Hot Summers +2 (2022) - full

Guitarist Mick Sweda started his professional musical career in the ’80s playing guitar for King Cobra with drummer Carmine Appice. When he left King Cobra, Sweda started BulletBoys and now he has a new musical project called THE HOT SUMMERS, releasing their self-titled debut “The Hot Summers“.

Sweda’s style of playing and songwriting always has been the ’80s at heart, and with The Hot Summers – including vocalist Shane Tassart and drummer Rob Walkoviak – they deliver some of the best straight ahead US melodic rock heard in years.

Their sound falls somewhere between Tesla and Danger Danger, however the sonic spectrum is much more varied, all-time melodic and catchy.

Tracklist:

01 – Everything
02 – The Last One
03 – You Make Me (BSC)
04 – Alieann
05 – Rearview
06 – April to December
07 – A Touch of Hate
08 – Safer
09 – If Only
10 – A Single Heart
BONUS TRACKS:
11 – The Last One (Radio Edit)
12 – You Make Me (BSC) (Radio Edit)

Shane Tassart – Lead Vocals, Guitar
Mick Sweda – Lead Guitar
Rob Walkoviak – Drums, Bass

BUY
www.eonianrecords.com/new-products-g-i/the-hot-summers-self-titled

• Like 1

Pretty decent album with a few strong, catchy hooks. Particularly love the opener, 'Everything.' 'April to December' is nice too and there's a few solid number on here. 

In the spirit of honesty, the thing I found myself thinking through this album is that I wish they'd gone for something a bit sharper and punchier. Still the same hooks and song ideas, but wrapped up in something like what Marvelous 3 did. Short and sharp, big production and super memorable. The ingredients are here, and I fully appreciate they wouldn't have the budget of someone like M3, but one can dream. For me, a few of the songs drag on a little long, which doesn't suit the style of the album, through my eyes anyway. 

But it's cool and I do like the good chorus hooks. Hoping for a second album, hopefully something punchier and more to the point. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 8:33 AM, Glen said:

pretty decent about hits in on the head.

Sounded a bit second rate Midnite City to me and all a bit wishy washy. 

Yeah, I think that is about my point in bullet form. Needs to be shorter and sharper, to the point, like what Midnite City do so well.