Noiseworks - Evolution

Stefan

• Stefan changed the title to Noiseworks - Evolution

Listen to the new album here.

Australian rock band Noiseworks are releasing ‘Evolution’ on November 11th, 2022 – their first studio album in 30 years. The album comes as a long awaited gift to Noiseworks fans who have been thirsting for new music from the iconic rockers. 

‘Evolution’ offers all of the cornerstone Noiseworks trademarks with powerful vocals from frontmanJon Stevens, bass from enigmatic rocker Steve Balbi, the prolific Justin Stanley on keyboards, and the mighty Kev Nicol setting the tempo on drums. The guitar sounds and stories of band member Stuart ‘Chet’ Fraser are woven through the fabric of the record and the album is dedicated to his memory.

The ten track album features rock anthems like ‘Amerika’, chart-topping hit ‘Heart & Soul’, paired with melodic bursts of joy in the summer-aligned ‘Sunshine’. In a loving ode to their lost band member, Stuart ‘Chet’ Fraser a one minute instrumental piece ‘Touch (Epitaph)’ concludes the album.

Joining Noiseworks on ‘Heart & Soul’ and subsequent tour is highly acclaimed Australian musicianJack Jones (Irwin Thomas). Jones is honoring original Noiseworks member, the late, great Stuart ‘Chet’ Fraser, by taking up the mantle of lead guitarist in the band.

“Coming back after 30 years with new music and seeing the level of excitement that we have had from our Noiseworks fans has been a really powerful experience for us.” Jon Stevens – Noiseworks Singer.

In the 1980s Noiseworks roared out of our car radios and were the soundtrack to every big night. Right from the beginning they delivered consecutive rock anthems with ‘No Lies’, ‘Take Me Back’, ‘Hot Chilli Woman’, ‘Touch’ and countless more. Known for their huge stage presence and big sound Noiseworks were a standout Aus rock band in the 80’s and 90’s.

Tracklisting:

Heart & Soul
Amerika
Stand Up
Long Way
Sunshine
Low
One In A Million
Let It Go
Ocean Girl
Touch (Epitaph)

Edited by Stefan

This is cool news and I'll check it out for sure. What I am not understanding is the fact that Jack Jones is in the band now, who, as some may know, was the lead singer for Southern Sons. Christ forbid you'd mention this minor fact in your write-up of the album (aimed at therockpit, not Gentle Stefan). 

Just finding it a bit weird that in Australian circles you could kind of look at this almost as some kind of mini supergroup, but it's not worth a mention as to who Jack Jones is? 

Anyway, for any die-hards, Jack Jones actually wrote an anti-lockdown type of song for an independent feature called 'Battleground Melbourne,' documenting the madness that happened in Melbourne over the past few years. Pretty cringey song and can't find it on youtube, but it's here in full for anyone interested-

https://jackjonesmusic.bandcamp.com/track/rise-up

This one - another new one - is not bad either-

https://jackjonesmusic.bandcamp.com/track/r-u-ok

Edited by Geoff
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Geoff said:

This is cool news and I'll check it out for sure. What I am not understanding is the fact that Jack Jones is in the band now, who, as some may know, was the lead singer for Southern Sons. Christ forbid you'd mention this minor fact in your write-up of the album (aimed at therockpit, not Gentle Stefan). 

Just finding it a bit weird that in Australian circles you could kind of look at this almost as some kind of mini supergroup, but it's not worth a mention as to who Jack Jones is? 

Anyway, for any die-hards, Jack Jones actually wrote an anti-lockdown type of song for an independent feature called 'Battleground Melbourne,' documenting the madness that happened in Melbourne over the past few years. Pretty cringey song and can't find it on youtube, but it's here in full for anyone interested-

Southern Sons were a good band, a bit soft, but no-one could say they weren't good musos. Jones will no doubt provide top quality BGVs as well. I have all 4 Noiseworks releases (including the Hits album), and also the 3 Southern Sons albums (including the rare Zone album). So, yeah, I will definitely be buying this new release. What an unexpected and welcome surprise! 

Love those Southern Sons albums...absolute heaven, as are the first 2 Noiseworks discs, Touch especially. Will be checking this new one out for sure.

13 hours ago, Geoff said:

Don't forget Jack was also in John Farnham band and Electric Mary. His solo album is cringe worthy like Juno Roxas'. First came across Jack when he and Virgil Donati playing Van Halen tribute band.

• 2023 Gold Donors

The Noiseworks debut is iconic down here and definitely my favourite of theirs, particularly "Take Me Back".

That track still gets very regular radio airplay and rightly so. 

Jack Jones never really fulfilled his potential. A stellar beginning, but he fell victim to the changing music trends of the time. 

On 3/28/2022 at 7:04 PM, Darkstone said:

Yeah, great memories. 

"Heart in Danger" was a huge hit here at the time.

In recent times Jack Jones has been collaborating with another unsung Aussie Legend, Rick Price.

"Not a Day Goes By" is as good as it gets AOR wise.

As for Virgil Donati, what can you say but absolute Legend.

"Soul SirkUS" is one of the Supergroups of all Supergroups.

I remember back about 93/94, I saw a "Dream Theater" tribute band called "Theater of Dreams" perform "Images and Words" with Virgil on drums at a pub in Richmond. It was perfect note for note. 

I remember that it was the loudest performance I'd ever heard. My ears were still ringing well into the next day.

Also, Virgil was the resident drummer on "Hey Hey It's Saturday" (Aussie Reference).

On a side note, at the height of his fame, Jack Jones was banging Rebecca Gibney in her prime.

The Aussies here know what a magnificent achievement that was.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

I also have the Electric Hippies album that was released by a few ex-Noiseworks members once they broke up. Not in the class of Noiseworks at all. Same as Jon Stevens solo career. Noiseworks should never have broken up. A crying shame.

• 3 weeks later...

My CD arrived. Gotta say it is one of the cheapest, shittiest packaging of a cd I have seen. It is just a double panel with a disk (no tray). No booklet, no lyrics, very little info. printed. Terrible artwork (as you can see above). Glad I only paid $17 as it isn't worth more than that presentation wise. Musically I have only listened once so far so will reserve judgement until then. Note - Jack Jones only played on one track, the lead single. But he is touring with the band.