Midnite City Two new songs coming up

Captain Holly

13 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I feel like if I were artists who worked hard to create an album, I think I'd offer very limited/deluxe runs of an album with a bonus track or two.  Sell those for some marked up price, signed by the band on your website direct to fans.  Heck, you could probably sell those CD's/Vinyl for $25-$50....some range like that which is about double or triple what you normally would sell for.  And make sure they're jewel cases for the CD's and that the bonus tracks aren't just covers or alternate versions of a song already on the album lol!  I'd even number those releases for however many were printed like 1 out of 250 or however many were printed on the "limited" run.  Just don't make the "limited" run 5,000 CD's or something lol.

Then let the "regular" releases go to amazon or wherever else without the bonus tracks for the normal prices and chuck those in cardboard sleeves if you want too lol.

Heck, I'd have no problem paying double the cost of a regular CD for a limited issue CD like that, signed by the band.  I buy these things mostly as collectible items anyways these days, so do something to enhance the collectability and reward those fans the might want a more premium product.

I just think artists/labels should think outside the box a bit more these days.  Put out limited run physical products, maybe offer people a trial membership to some band you tube page or other web site/group where you post behind the scenes stuff with the purchase of an album, or give them a discount to your store on a future purchase.....Or whatever other ideas might make sense.

Funny thing is, a few years back when Pledge was a big thing, before it went under, Falling Red did a campaign for their Empire of the damned album. One of the options was to get a special edition of the CD that was only available to those who pledged specifically for it. It included an alternate cover, bonus track, signatures and your name and the name and photo of everyone who paid for it inside the booklet. Unsurprisingly, I have that version. And yes, it cost extra but was worth it.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 2:25 AM, Stefan said:

New video for 'Like There's No Tomorrow' coming this Friday.

Pretty good song, this one. It's about what I expected. I really think it's somewhat better than anything else on In At The Deep End but I won't buy the album again just for this new song. Maybe add it to my YouTube Music playlist.

C.H.

• 1 month later...