James Gunns Peacemaker playlist on Spotify

Captain Howdy

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Very small update this week.

Not the best choice for Reckless Love, sadly.

pm.jpg

No. It's a bit disappointing.

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Very small update this week.

Not the best choice for Reckless Love, sadly.

pm.jpg

Two smokin stone cold classics for the other two track additions though.

• Like 1

• My Little Pony

I think that's just a late addition of "Home Sweet Home." 

But, damn, I'm really looking forward to this week's episode.

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I think that's just a late addition of "Home Sweet Home." 

But, damn, I'm really looking forward to this week's episode.

Thing is though, they never actually played Home sweet home, just the Cena on piano version and I think Gunn has had that  put that up on Spotify himself.

He did though do it with 7 o'clock by Quireboys. I think it appeared in first episode but he added it later.

I also had a look at another playlist of hair metal he started back in 2020, and it had some of the stuff like Tigertailz that he has used on the show, and other stuff like Roxy Blue, Wildside, D'molls, Spread Eagle, Sleeze Beez, Cats In Boots, Rhino Bucket & Alleycat Scratch. Even back then he had stuff like Crazy Lixx and Crash Diet as well, so he really is a fan of this genre and doesn't just know the big guns like Crue, GNR and Poison etc.

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Final episode this week, and not much to shout about soundtrack wise it seems.

pm.jpg

I thought Frontiers confirmed Crazy Lixx were gonna be in an episode. 

33 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I thought Frontiers confirmed Crazy Lixx were gonna be in an episode. 

They did. So either they were wrong, someone changed their mind or its been missed off this list.

• My Little Pony
8 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

They did. So either they were wrong, someone changed their mind or its been missed off this list.

Yeah, 'cause I don't recall hearing any Crazy Lixx in the previous episodes. Might have been planned for a scene that was no longer used. My buddy has told me of a few scenes that weren't used. 

• My Little Pony
59 minutes ago, Y&TForever said:

Summertime Girls…cringe. 

Funny coming from a dude called Y&TForever. 

;}

2 hours ago, Y&TForever said:

Yep, he could have chosen Rescue Me, Mean Streak, Forever, Black Tiger, Midnight In Tokyo, I Believe In You…had to go with THE worst Y&T song…

In your opinion.

5 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Yeah, 'cause I don't recall hearing any Crazy Lixx in the previous episodes. Might have been planned for a scene that was no longer used. My buddy has told me of a few scenes that weren't used. 

This would be my guess, but as I said earlier, Gunn did forget to include that Quireboys song on his initial playlist and only added it later, so we may still be in luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony
15 minutes ago, auslander said:

Apparently the wigwam song used in the opening has now hit #1 in rock songs on iTunes 

Just as I hoped it would. This show could be a great thing for our genre. 

• Like 1

• My Little Pony

Non Stop Rock and Roll is #26 on the Rock album charts (couldn't see Rock songs) and "Do You Wanna Taste It?" Is #33 overall. Pretty cool. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
4 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Just as I hoped it would. This show could be a great thing for our genre. 

I was thinking the same thing.

"What goes around, comes around".

We could be on the verge of a resurgence of our music in the mainstream.  

Stranger things have happened. 

Although, I have to say that I enjoy the fact that our music is quite niche and not know to many.

Just the chosen few.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

• My Little Pony
15 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

I was thinking the same thing.

"What goes around, comes around".

We could be on the verge of a resurgence of our music in the mainstream.  

Stranger things have happened. 

Although, I have to say that I enjoy the fact that our music is quite niche and not know to many.

Just the chosen few.

Yeah, but wouldn't you love more bands to tour your country? My corner of the world rarely gets any good Rock bands. If there was a resurgence, there might be more demand for them.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
8 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Yeah, but wouldn't you love more bands to tour your country? My corner of the world rarely gets any good Rock bands. If there was a resurgence, there might be more demand for them.

Maybe when I was your age, but I'm too much of an old fart now to go to gigs.

100% get your point though.

15 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Touring is a weird thing, as I live in the UK it's understandable that European bands will tend to make it over here, but when you consider how far away the likes of the US, Japan and Australia etc are, you would think we would not see much of them, but we get a pretty decent amount, from old school bands like Pretty Boy Floyd or Motley Crue (different ends of the spectrum as far as fame goes), to modern bands like Halestorm, Airbourne or Band Maid, yet there are still bands that could do big business if they toured Europe and still won't. Poison for instance (and we all know its down to Wiggy Michaels) would be able to fill some pretty decent sized venues, as they were one of the bigger 80s hair bands worldwide, yet they have not been to the UK (and probably the whole of Europe) since 1993. Even the likes of Winger, Cinderella, Lita Ford, Seb Bach and LA Guns made it over here in recent years, and they think its worthwhile.

Consider the amount of festivals in Europe that a band like Poison could play, yet despite the fact that CC, Bobby and Rikki have all said they want to return to Europe, one man stands in their way.

As I say though, while I have not been able to go to any gigs the last few years due to pandemics and health issues, I do consider us extremely lucky that we are so relatively close to all the great European countries and especially the Scandi countries. Fingers crossed I will be well enough by May so I can see my first gig in over 3 years and it does not get postponed or cancelled (Crazy Lixx & Chez Kane).