James Gunns Peacemaker playlist on Spotify

Captain Howdy

James Gunn has just put up a playlist for his upcoming TV show "Peacemaker" and it is essentially the soundtrack.

Think it's pretty damn impressive list of bands and songs for the most part.

peacemaker.jpg

It is a good playlist. Quick look and the only band I can see that I hate is Bang Camaro. There are a few I don't know like Enemies Swe, John Murphy, Dustbowl Jokies, and Band Maid.

1 hour ago, auslander said:

It is a good playlist. Quick look and the only band I can see that I hate is Bang Camaro. There are a few I don't know like Enemies Swe, John Murphy, Dustbowl Jokies, and Band Maid.

Band Maid are one of my fave modern rock bands. Not for everyone though as they sing in Japanese.

No idea who Murphy is, but at least he has Ralph Saenz (Michael Starr) with him for some familiarity.

Do You Wanna Taste It by Wig Wam is what plays during the opening credits. 👍

Im 10 mins in and loving it so far! 

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
On 1/10/2022 at 7:05 PM, Captain Howdy said:

No idea who Murphy is, but at least he has Ralph Saenz (Michael Starr) with him for some familiarity.

Googling "John Murphy" brings up a film composer, so I'm thinking maybe it's just a cover of Foster the People's big hit. Reworked by John Murphy, and sung by Ralph Saenz. 

• My Little Pony

I just found out my buddy worked on this show. I knew John Cena was in town. Obviously this is what he was filming. That's cool. So I'm guessing the series is set in New York? If it's shot in Vancouver, it's usually set in New York. ;}

4 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I just found out my buddy worked on this show. I knew John Cena was in town. Obviously this is what he was filming. That's cool. So I'm guessing the series is set in New York? If it's shot in Vancouver, it's usually set in New York. ;}

It's supposedly in a place called Evergreen. No idea if it's real or not.

It appears James Gunn is a genuine fan of our genre. This is from a Rolling Stone article:

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-features/peacemaker-opening-credits-james-gunn-interview-1284081/

You have a reputation at this point for coming up with soundtracks that match the personality of your characters. Why glam metal for Peacemaker?

It just seems like that is the kind of music that Peacemaker would like. For the last few years, I’ve also had this personal obsession with what people call “hair metal” music. So that dovetails perfectly into making this show. It might have even been part of the reason why I chose Peacemaker out of all the characters in The Suicide Squad. I was a punk rock kid growing up, so I had an appreciation for some pop metal bands. I liked Mötley Crüe and certain things. Hanoi Rocks, which we talk about a lot over the course of the season, was a really important band to me. But I also pooh-poohed a lot of hair metal music. I think there’s great songs in every genre of music if you look hard enough. And I became obsessed with finding really good hair metal bands and songs, and started this massive collection on my own on Spotfiy, and through that discovered all of these great modern sleaze-rock bands, that are mostly out of northern Europe, making music today. And I think they’re much better in general than your average hair metal bands from the Eighties because they don’t take it so seriously. It’s a commitment to fun. And part of the idea was getting the word out on some of those modern bands, like Wig Wam or Cruel Intentions.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2022 at 6:06 AM, whiplash1972 said:

Man haven't listened to this tune in a long time. What a killer tune. Will surely start my day off with this song. 

• Like 1

• My Little Pony