Australian Taxpayers funding GnR 2022 Tour

auslander

It's at the MCG, one of the largest stadiums in the world.
Holds 100,000 people.
At a GNR concert, maybe 60 to 70,000
I got tickets and realised how stoopid I was to see a show there when i sat down so far away from the stage the guys may as well have been stick figures.
Huge TV's were all you could look at.
Luckily my view was obscured so we got moved to some great seats, probably in the premium section.
But I'll never go to a show there again, even if it's free.

Waste of time

Why even bother? The cockmaker variant of covid will just cripple the country, again, at the time. Sincerely don't understand why plans like this are even entertained when there is no hint that this country will ever treat covid with any degree of rationality. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Holds 100,000 people.
I got tickets and realised how stoopid I was to see a show there when i sat down so far away from the stage the guys may as well have been stick figures.
Luckily my view was obscured so we got moved to some great seats, probably in the premium section.

Waste of time

It's crap for acoustics too. I won't bother either if it's at the MCG.

20 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Holds 100,000 people.

Waste of time

They should moved it to Max Watts or the Corner over few nights and they break even.

9 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

So you guys have no issue with taxpayer money being spent on this?...at least they could have found a decent band to back.....

But let's be honest about the whole thing... the Aus government is spending at least 600K per day, every day, on stupid fucking covid tests. If there's ever been a more useless way to piss money down a drain, I challenge you to show me it. So I don't actually even bat an eyelid at a story like this. In fact, it was estimated that taxpayers had spent more than $580 million on covid tests in July this year. With panic absolutely sky-rocketing in this dump at the moment, you could probably double that by now. 

So I don't know exactly. Call it $800 million on covid tests, or just under a billion by now. I don't know. But if we think $600K for bringing a band out here we probably won't even be allowed to see is bad, let's just put it into perspective. This country is being abso-fucking-lutely run into the ground in every conceivable way by it's reaction to covid and like I say, this concert amounts to about one single day of pointless covid tests. 

11 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

So you guys have no issue with taxpayer money being spent on this?...at least they could have found a decent band to back.....

I do have an issue with it. I agree the covid test expenditure is also over the top, but that doesn't make paying multimillionaire rockers with taxpayer funds less of a crock.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2021 at 12:57 PM, Dead Planet said:

Nah,
I mean what's the point having an issue?
Can't control it or change it, but yes, the govt should stay away from commercial concerts unless there are some $$$ to make by them.
On a lighter note, anyone hear Seb Bach trying to sing some Skid Row songs today?
Came up in my Facebook feed and was Vince Neilesque...