Need help identifying song

TermitesCAardwolf

I noticed there's quite a few collectors on this forum and was wondering if anyone could help identify this song:

This song reminds me a bit of 707 at the starts than builds into a song that reminds me of The Alarm. Not sure if I'd call it AOR but it's definitely 80s rock. For all I know, this song could be hidden somewhere in the database. 

I cant even tell what he's saying in the chorus? loves spend a long day dying??? love's spendalonggeeeying???? cant hear what he's saying,

• 2023 Gold Donors
33 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

I cant even tell what he's saying in the chorus? loves spend a long day dying??? love's spendalonggeeeying???? cant hear what he's saying,

That's what I thought it was as well.

They do sound British or Aussie I reckon.

Nothing I recognize.

Yeah maybe Aussie via Latvia! That's one heavy accent. 

Sorry can't help with the band but I'm picturing the singer as a beefy guy wearing a silk shirt with sweat stains. He's got a comb-over haircut and a patchy moustache. Hope that helps.

Yeah Mr. AOR has some fucking genetic telekinesis, or some fucked up supernatural AOR power, the times he's dipped in and just blurted out the name of a song we all spent a week torturing ourselves trying to figure out, he infuriates me, like how the fuck can you be that good? that's like superhero level shit,

I can promise you one thing though, that you can guarantee im right on, that's NOT!!!  The fucking Alarm,

There song structure on this instantly made me feel like it was a Hooters song, but hey bro, where did you get this song?? everyone who gets on here to ask about a song never answers this question, and this question has led me to find many many wonderful bands, many many wonderful times, so if you could give as much background info as you could it would be cool, another reason I ask is because I saw a band once open for The Tubes and I cannot fucking think what they were called, but they sounded a lot like this band, it was one of those Alarm names, like The System, but I know this isn't the system, I will eventually remember.

6 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Yeah Mr. AOR has some fucking genetic telekinesis, or some fucked up supernatural AOR power, the times he's dipped in and just blurted out the name of a song we all spent a week torturing ourselves trying to figure out, he infuriates me, like how the fuck can you be that good? that's like superhero level shit,

I can promise you one thing though, that you can guarantee im right on, that's NOT!!!  The fucking Alarm,

There song structure on this instantly made me feel like it was a Hooters song, but hey bro, where did you get this song?? everyone who gets on here to ask about a song never answers this question, and this question has led me to find many many wonderful bands, many many wonderful times, so if you could give as much background info as you could it would be cool, another reason I ask is because I saw a band once open for The Tubes and I cannot fucking think what they were called, but they sounded a lot like this band, it was one of those Alarm names, like The System, but I know this isn't the system, I will eventually remember.

I wasn't the one who posted it on Youtube but I stumbled across it while browsing unknown songs. I have an interest in lostwave/mysterious songs and I thought "somebody on HeavyHarmonies might know this one" so I took a shot in the dark and posted it here. 

13 hours ago, TermitesCAardwolf said:

I wasn't the one who posted it on Youtube but I stumbled across it while browsing unknown songs. I have an interest in lostwave/mysterious songs and I thought "somebody on HeavyHarmonies might know this one" so I took a shot in the dark and posted it here. 

Yeah I have one of those songs on my channel, it's not wave, but Ive found those songs on YT that nobody can figure out, theres generally a reason for that, and that puts it into a completely different category, IDK man, probably not going to be something many people have heard, but I really cant even tell what he's saying in the chorus which just ads another element of frustration

On 12/20/2021 at 7:58 PM, Leykis101 said:

Yeah I have one of those songs on my channel, it's not wave, but Ive found those songs on YT that nobody can figure out, theres generally a reason for that, and that puts it into a completely different category, IDK man, probably not going to be something many people have heard, but I really cant even tell what he's saying in the chorus which just ads another element of frustration

Here's the apparent actual source of the song:

https://www.watzatsong.com/en/name-that-tune/616462.html

The guy who recorded it think it's a song called "Love" by Glory. Whenever I search that in YouTube, I get countless Peter Cetera results. The only Glory I'm familiar with is "Danger In This Game" Glory which I seriously doubt is the same artist. A band member lineup would really help out.

As for Lostwave, Lostwave music isn't exactly always New Wave. Lostwave is just a term used to describe an obscure song one hears on the radio and can't Google the lyrics or use an app to identify it. Lostwave could be literally any musical genre so long as it takes digging to find out the identity of the song. 

10 hours ago, TermitesCAardwolf said:

Here's the apparent actual source of the song:

https://www.watzatsong.com/en/name-that-tune/616462.html

The guy who recorded it think it's a song called "Love" by Glory. Whenever I search that in YouTube, I get countless Peter Cetera results. The only Glory I'm familiar with is "Danger In This Game" Glory which I seriously doubt is the same artist. A band member lineup would really help out.

As for Lostwave, Lostwave music isn't exactly always New Wave. Lostwave is just a term used to describe an obscure song one hears on the radio and can't Google the lyrics or use an app to identify it. Lostwave could be literally any musical genre so long as it takes digging to find out the identity of the song. 

No I'm saying have you not noticed going through unknown songs on YT that the bulk of them are Modern or New Wave? seriously go check it out, for whatever reason, that is like 90 percent of all those songs nobody can figure who sings, I haven't even came up with a semi cogent theory as to why that is, didn't know there was an abundance of unknown new wave artists, lol

There was a band from Colorado who went by Glory, it WAS FUCKING RUMOR FODDER! I mean the tape was so impossible to find that If my friend hadn't actually had a copy off of an LP, I'd have never even known about it, apparently some boot label in Colorado pressed like 5 Cd's, in the early 2000's, not literally but one of those things when you finally find out about it, whatever copy's that were pressed are long gone, but my friends friend who lives in Rifle had one of these copy's, and they said it sounded like somebody had recorded a tape off a record, then burned it to CD, and tried getting away with that, completely fucking horrible sound,, they had a song called Love Comes Back Around, I don't know what year the original recording was from but I know it was probably around 87, I have no way to prove this, or even test this, as I guarantee you'll never find it in any format anywhere, that's really all I can think of, because this def aint the Swedish band Glory, like I said, its the only thing I can think of, as it is another band named Glory, but it's one of those things that frustrates me, cause I have zero way to put my hands on that or even play a clip, nobody outside of Colorado knows of them, and I got NO band info, that's the best I can do,

On 12/23/2021 at 9:01 PM, Leykis101 said:

There was a band from Colorado who went by Glory, it WAS FUCKING RUMOR FODDER! I mean the tape was so impossible to find that If my friend hadn't actually had a copy off of an LP, I'd have never even known about it, apparently some boot label in Colorado pressed like 5 Cd's, in the early 2000's, not literally but one of those things when you finally find out about it, whatever copy's that were pressed are long gone, but my friends friend who lives in Rifle had one of these copy's, and they said it sounded like somebody had recorded a tape off a record, then burned it to CD, and tried getting away with that, completely fucking horrible sound,, they had a song called Love Comes Back Around, I don't know what year the original recording was from but I know it was probably around 87, I have no way to prove this, or even test this, as I guarantee you'll never find it in any format anywhere, that's really all I can think of, because this def aint the Swedish band Glory, like I said, its the only thing I can think of, as it is another band named Glory, but it's one of those things that frustrates me, cause I have zero way to put my hands on that or even play a clip, nobody outside of Colorado knows of them, and I got NO band info, that's the best I can do,

I think I found what you're looking for:

https://www.discogs.com/release/16064049-Glory-Glory

Sadly, no sound files are on the website. Just an image and track listing. 

22 hours ago, TermitesCAardwolf said:

I think I found what you're looking for:

https://www.discogs.com/release/16064049-Glory-Glory

Sadly, no sound files are on the website. Just an image and track listing. 

I called my friend in Colorado, he's going to call me back, he has to go look for that CD, he's got so many cd's, he said he thinks it's in a box of cd's that werent worth going in his main collection, he didnt give me a time frame, but he's pretty on top of shit, when he says he'll do something hes good on his word, so soon as know whats going on i'll post it on here, so you probably will want to jump on and check every once in awhile, and if you end up finding it somewhere else, i'd appreciate you telling me, so I'm not putting a bunch of effort into something I dont need to, thank you

11 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

I called my friend in Colorado, he's going to call me back, he has to go look for that CD, he's got so many cd's, he said he thinks it's in a box of cd's that werent worth going in his main collection, he didnt give me a time frame, but he's pretty on top of shit, when he says he'll do something hes good on his word, so soon as know whats going on i'll post it on here, so you probably will want to jump on and check every once in awhile, and if you end up finding it somewhere else, i'd appreciate you telling me, so I'm not putting a bunch of effort into something I dont need to, thank you

I have that Glory cd...

On 12/27/2021 at 10:23 AM, Leykis101 said:

Well, while searching I found about another Glory that matches the sound of "Long Days Dying".

https://www.discogs.com/master/1003610-Glory-Hearts-Will-Sing

I'm 99% sure this is by the same band. Also, they're from the UK so that lines up with the whole British band speculation.  

I was gonna say they sounded a little more new wave but what do I know