Good Rats

Leykis101

Does anyone else on here love Good Rats? I love the band but im a huge Gene Marchello fan, he can shred, and I loved his solo discs, love this song

Edited by Leykis101
  • Like 1

I do now. Can't say I have more than a cursory understanding of the band, but that song should have been huge. Reminds me of the Killer Dwarfs and this song has a nifty lil' Rick Springfield-esque breakdown as well.

Going to have to get more familiar as this is definitely in my wheelhouse.

Im sure you know of Gene Marchello Terry? his dad started this band, I think their first album came out in like 69, him and his brother Stephan played in it, now the old mans dead and the 2 brothers are releasing shit under the name, I believe an uncle played in the band as well, if you dont know who Gene Marchello is, the my mind is blown, but he has 2 discs out, that sound very similar to this, very good shit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Marchello brothers were very talented. I had the Marchello CD too. The Magic Comes Alive. Great great stuff.

Yeah he's a very underated axe man, He writes killer songs, plays killer riffs, but never gets his due, it's a shame.

Never seen that cover b4

21 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

I have been after this Marcello cd for years. It's only listed for about $100. And I have a policy not to pay stupid amounts. One day I will get this holy grail...

2 hours ago, auslander said:

I have been after this Marcello cd for years. It's only listed for about $100. And I have a policy not to pay stupid amounts. One day I will get this holy grail...

It's not that rare is it? fuck it seems like it just came out a few years ago. I just got it cause there was a bootleg called something like For The Love Of Money or some dumb shit like that, I carted that cdr around forever, I only got this cause it was way better sound quality.

2 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

It's not that rare is it? fuck it seems like it just came out a few years ago. I just got it cause there was a bootleg called something like For The Love Of Money or some dumb shit like that, I carted that cdr around forever, I only got this cause it was way better sound quality.

The Destiny one.

14 minutes ago, auslander said:

The Destiny one.

For Real?? thats rare??? are you sure, that was on I think CBS, I originally found 3 of them in pawn shops, ive had to buy it back everytime my cd;s get ripped off, right out of rehab last year I found one on Amazon used for $8

1 hour ago, Leykis101 said:

For Real?? thats rare??? are you sure, that was on I think CBS, I originally found 3 of them in pawn shops, ive had to buy it back everytime my cd;s get ripped off, right out of rehab last year I found one on Amazon used for $8

Well you are lucky.

Also, why are your cds getting stolen?

On 7/24/2021 at 5:56 PM, Leykis101 said:

Im sure you know of Gene Marchello Terry? his dad started this band, I think their first album came out in like 69, him and his brother Stephan played in it, now the old mans dead and the 2 brothers are releasing shit under the name, I believe an uncle played in the band as well, if you dont know who Gene Marchello is, the my mind is blown, but he has 2 discs out, that sound very similar to this, very good shit.

Yea I have the Destiny CD in the storage pile, been some time since I have listened to it and didn't or don't know of the Good Rats v Marchello connection. After listening to the videos posted I do like the Marchello, but I think I like the Good Rats a little better, no rub on the Marchello in the least however.

3 hours ago, martinsane said:

Yea I have the Destiny CD in the storage pile, been some time since I have listened to it and didn't or don't know of the Good Rats v Marchello connection. After listening to the videos posted I do like the Marchello, but I think I like the Good Rats a little better, no rub on the Marchello in the least however.

Good Rats was started by 5 guys, one of them was Pepi Marchello, in like 1965, they were called the U-Men or some shit like that back then, well you can figure that's a long fucking time for any band to be around, the most popular of bands from within 10 years of that era aren't even still around, but Good Rats are still going, somebody called them the greatest most popular completely unknown band in history, but anyways sometime in the late 80's, Peppi brought his kid Gene in to play guitar, and Gene as you know can fking shred'em, then they brought Stephan a younger brother in to drum, so sometime around like 89, Gene took off and got a record deal, for 2 albums, the first one was Destiny, then the 2nd one that got shelved for like 20 years, but Gene and Poppi sound remarkably similar when they sing, it's sometimes only detectable when you have listened enough times that you can tell there is a small difference in the way the sound, you can compare Poppi and Gene's vocals in those clips I posted, the Good Rats song is Poppi, and the Destiny song is Gene, but the 2nd song Every Mans Lover, thats off the 2nd Marchello disc, but Poppi is singing on that song, Poppi died so Gene and Stefan run it and tour and shit with Gene singing. Bruce Kullick also played on and wrote shit on a couple of their early 80s albums.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Doggy said:

I got the " For The Love Of Money " bootleg it was on the Time Warp label.

Is that so? I was curious, did you have any tearing or ripping? did you sustain any injury at all, as you ordered it from the Counterbooti Legendary label Timewarp as I did, I was wondering what damages you sustained after being fucked in the ass, without even so much as spit for lube, and no reach around, being captain fucking retard, I blindly ordered about a 5 spot worth of shit from them, and when I say shit, I mean no disrespect towards feces, for a 5 spot I could've probably just ventured out and found at least the LP's, and burned them myself, matter of fact I know damn well I could've done better cover art work, but as the great Walter from Big Lebowski says, you cant just fuck a stranger in the ass, BTW, anyone by chance know who is the savior behind the Timewarp releases, I'd pay money to meet him, and shake his hand, providing me with all those authentic impossible to get releases, it really made an impact in my life, and I'd love to thank whoever was behind it, personally.

Found on EvilBay, for a bargain $5 Australian. Seems Discogs has banned releases by them.. They based somewhere in Las Vegas.