Country Song Of The Day

Mr.AOR

A lot of people say and do things that could be considered racist but that doesn't mean they are actually racist. Such as using the old saying...the pot calling the kettle black......is that a racist thing to say? Maybe depending on how you view the world but the vast majority of people who say stuff like that are not racist. The woke world we live in has become very narrow minded and full of shit...imo.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Were you tempted to pick him up and take him to the stock room?

Only a little bit. He was actually a bigger guy than I expected him to be (so the display wasn't quite life-sized in that respect).

12 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I certainly wasn't aware of the history of the courthouse. I guess that is quite provocative. 

It could be. As I said, it really depends on perspective. I can see why, without the proper context, some people might be upset by certain elements of the song / video. I can also see why people would point to the video and say, "This song is just about having the back of your neighbor and fellow man, what's wrong with that?"

A lot of people say and do things that could be considered racist but that doesn't mean they are actually racist. Such as using the old saying...the pot calling the kettle black......is that a racist thing to say? Maybe depending on how you view the world but the vast majority of people who say stuff like that are not racist. The woke world we live in has become very narrow minded and full of shit...imo.

I completely agree. There are numerous examples like the one you mentioned. Hell, there are people who believe that simply being born white makes you racist these days. It's ridiculous. As I said previously, there are a lot of people that just seem to be looking for reasons to be upset with each other.

Living your life that way must be exhausting.

And to apologize for derailing the thread, I'll just leave this here...

• 6 months later...