Football ‘Super League’

Aordave89

Absolutely disgusting from all clubs involved. Driven by greed. Not one single thought for the fans, smaller clubs or the history of the league and competitions.

I’m a Leeds United fan but have many friends who support one of the 6 English clubs involved and they are embarrassed and infuriated - fans have been hit very hard. 

Any opinions on this?

• Like 1

Yeah, that was a large part of discussion on the Pat McAfee show on Mad Dog Sports Radio this morning. They had a journalist on from the UK (I forget the name) that basically said the same thing.

Apparently the story is evolving though. The whole soccer scene in Europe is in upheaval at the moment.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Yeah, that was a large part of discussion on the Pat McAfee show on Mad Dog Sports Radio this morning. They had a journalist on from the UK (I forget the name) that basically said the same thing.

Apparently the story is evolving though. The whole soccer scene in Europe is in upheaval at the moment.

I think it’s going to get a whole lot worse. Today is just the start.. 

I'm a Man Utd fan...i'm absolutely disgusted...the greed and the attitude from these clubs is unreal...they're right we're wrong...well i'm sorry but they're wrong on so many levels...I love football the way it is from grassroots right up to the champions league(of which quite few of these teams are not even in!!!) they seem intent on killing our beautiful game with their power hungry greed...disgusting :cussing: i hope it falls flat on its arse and all concerned get put in their place,it's the fans game...not theirs!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lettard said:

I'm a Man Utd fan...i'm absolutely disgusted...the greed and the attitude from these clubs is unreal...they're right we're wrong...well i'm sorry but they're wrong on so many levels...I love football the way it is from grassroots right up to the champions league(of which quite few of these teams are not even in!!!) they seem intent on killing our beautiful game with their power hungry greed...disgusting :cussing: i hope it falls flat on its arse and all concerned get put in their place,it's the fans game...not theirs!!

Arsenal in there is a joke imo. They have been poor for most of the season. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, lettard said:

Agree 100% mate. There is zero compassion or respect for the game as it is now, or how it has been built over the many years.

Even if this dosent come to fruition I am still dead set on all teams involved being heavily punished. Fines, blacklisted from leagues/competitions.. make an example of them!

On a more lighthearted note - I’m looking forward to the small matter of 90 mins rivalry on Sunday between our teams.. even if it currently doesn't mean shit :lol:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Glen said:

Arsenal in there is a joke imo. They have been poor for most of the season. 

Made me laugh when both Arsenal and Spurs confirmed their involvement - Spurs have a huge stadium and ‘did’ have a celebrity manager.. on the pitch they’ve done nothing. 

Arsenal are just terrible as you say, they’ve have been loitering mid-table all season. 

Also.. to bang on about fielding weaker teams for Premiership games is just mind blowing.

All these leaders at the top of the tree are hiding behind their club managers and players who have taken the brunt of media backlash. Fantastic example of leadership. Bastards. 

Edited by Aordave89

I see that it seems Chelsea have announced their withdrawal from it? Just broke on sky news...

Hope its true and the rest see sense also and walk away...but as Aordave89 has pointed out fine them,deduct points,transfer bans...whatever it takes to let them know that this shit won't float :doh:

Edited by lettard

2 hours ago, Aordave89 said:

On a more lighthearted note - I’m looking forward to the small matter of 90 mins rivalry on Sunday between our teams.. even if it currently doesn't mean shit :lol:

Yeah should hopefully be a good game,Leeds play great football...Man Utd not so good imho...we're where we're at because pretty much everyone else is having a stinker of a season(insert team here) we flatter to deceive and Ole at the wheel with his fantastic boys who hes so proud of(gotta love Farley on YT) has been a very lucky bunny with more than a few of their results :drink:

• Like 1

Now Man City have announced they want no part in it...it unravels slowly but surely...they can't honestly be suprised at the fans and indeed the worlds reaction?

Anywho i'm off to watch the Premier League...darts  :)

Edited by lettard

13 minutes ago, lettard said:

And now Woodward's gone...every cloud and all that ;)

It’s all falling like dominos! I saw that about Woodward - why do you think that is? Do you think the Glaziers want it but he didn’t, hence the resign? 

Either way good news for United fans!!

1 hour ago, Aordave89 said:

It’s all falling like dominos! I saw that about Woodward - why do you think that is? Do you think the Glaziers want it but he didn’t, hence the resign? 

From what I've read Utd were one of the main pushers of this thing...which is even more disappointing...maybe Woodward is taking the fall in order for the owners to backtrack on it...a nice big golden handshake :whistle: