Metal School (Band documentaries)

• 2023 Gold Donors

I recently posted this guy's "Sound Barrier" video in another thread. I love these types of retrospective videos when done well and he does a good job.

Unfortunately he hasn't done too many. I've posted all the remaining ones (13).

They're not too long, only about 20 minutes or so each, but they're very enjoyable. 

Edited by Darkstone

Thanks for the heads up - love this stuff too. Most of these are in my playlist for today. Just watched Kix and Skid Row - really good stuff. 

Check out this guy too. He has some good stuff as well, but looking at what's left, it looks like he's having copyright issues and stuff must be getting removed. He had 4 videos on the rise and fall of Skid Row but Skid Row themselves actually went after him for copyright infringements, as he used some clips from their videos. I wonder if this Metal School guy will be next? Either way, his Tigertailz and Shotgun Messiah / Zinny J Zan stuff is real interesting. Well worth a watch. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
13 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Thanks for the heads up - love this stuff too. Most of these are in my playlist for today. Just watched Kix and Skid Row - really good stuff. 

Check out this guy too. He has some good stuff as well, but looking at what's left, it looks like he's having copyright issues and stuff must be getting removed. He had 4 videos on the rise and fall of Skid Row but Skid Row themselves actually went after him for copyright infringements, as he used some clips from their videos. I wonder if this Metal School guy will be next? Either way, his Tigertailz and Shotgun Messiah / Zinny J Zan stuff is real interesting. Well worth a watch. 

I'll check him out. I don't know if you've seen my "Razorfist - Metal Mythos" thread, but he's got some killer ones. Probably the best I've seen.

2 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I'll check him out. I don't know if you've seen my "Razorfist - Metal Mythos" thread, but he's got some killer ones. Probably the best I've seen.

I'll check it now - thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I recently found the Metal School videos and they are well done, detailed, quality videos and he seems to do bands he likes and that we like. A win win.

The razorfist mythos are good, usually waaay long but he to does bands that twist his knickers so he is very passionate about the content and I'd bet they take a hot minute to make so his videos are pretty infrequent.

I'll go check out the G'off link. Fingers crossed it has something to do with his nipples...

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

This could be his best one so far. It's a long one. A forty minute video featuring "Warlock" and "Doro", but do yourself a favour. 

My God, was there anything hotter than Doro back in the day?

Actually, forget "back in the day", I'd quite happily give her one now!

Actually, when it comes to Doro, forget now, I'm not ruling out necrophilia.

I've also posted the "All We Are" video.

THE BEST VIDEO EVER FUCKING MADE!!!!!!

• Like 2

On 8/26/2021 at 2:51 AM, Darkstone said:

This could be his best one so far. It's a long one. A forty minute video featuring "Warlock" and "Doro", but do yourself a favour. 

My God, was there anything hotter than Doro back in the day?

Actually, forget "back in the day", I'd quite happily give her one now!

Actually, when it comes to Doro, forget now, I'm not ruling out necrophilia.

I've also posted the "All We Are" video.

THE BEST VIDEO EVER FUCKING MADE!!!!!!

Agreed, Doro is, was and always will be chubby inducing.

• Like 1

When Doro came down here in Australia for tour. She done interview with my mates on radio, before she got interview, I spent half hour talking about those 1980s years with her.

Was not they left I remember Johnny D of Britney Fox was in her band, maybe he shorten his hair and I didn't recognize him.

• 3 weeks later...

Wonder why Icon got removed. I'm subscribed to this channel so watch the new ones as they come out. Really enjoy this channel. A lot of the bands I don't have many cds from, but always interested in their stories anyway. Armored Saint and Riot ones, even Loudness and now Savatage have given me the incentive to check out albums from their discography I haven't checked out before. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Wonder why Icon got removed. I'm subscribed to this channel so watch the new ones as they come out. Really enjoy this channel. A lot of the bands I don't have many cds from, but always interested in their stories anyway. Armored Saint and Riot ones, even Loudness and now Savatage have given me the incentive to check out albums from their discography I haven't checked out before. 

I agree 100%.

Particularly with Savatage. 

I was always aware of them of course, but never gave them much of a go.

1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

I agree 100%.

Particularly with Savatage. 

I was always aware of them of course, but never gave them much of a go.

Yeah, I only ever owned the 'Gutter Ballet' album which sounds like it was a bit out there at the time. Keen to try a couiple of those mid to late 80s one. Not expecting too much, but curious. 

Same with Riot. Only ever owned one of their later albums... Maybe late 1990s or early 2000s. But curious to try their 86-93 era albums, out of curiosity. 

With Armored Saint, I only ever owned the awesome 'Symbol of salvation' and it's looking like that was a smart move. Entirely adequate band, but holy shit they just wrote the blandest songs outside of that record. 

12 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, I only ever owned the 'Gutter Ballet' album which sounds like it was a bit out there at the time. Keen to try a couiple of those mid to late 80s one. Not expecting too much, but curious. 

Same with Riot. Only ever owned one of their later albums... Maybe late 1990s or early 2000s. But curious to try their 86-93 era albums, out of curiosity. 

With Armored Saint, I only ever owned the awesome 'Symbol of salvation' and it's looking like that was a smart move. Entirely adequate band, but holy shit they just wrote the blandest songs outside of that record. 

One of my fav Savatage albums "Power Of The Night" and this tasty rocker:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife is a distant relative of the real Lizzy Borden

• 1 month later...