Lynch Mob - Lynch Mob (1992)

Darkstone

• 2024 Gold Donors

I had to post this one after posting the debut.

The debut for me is a 10 and my preferred album of the two (just), but IMO I would still consider this one a 9.99. A definite no skipper for me.

Robert Mason shines. As with the debut, I love all the tracks, but especially "No Good" and "When Darkness Calls".

Edited by Darkstone

Yeah really liked this release,not on par with the classic debut,but it was still really good,wasn't a fan of the Queen cover though but I know they just wanted to pay homage,also they lost Oni Logan but I found Robert Mason a pretty good fit so that wasn't a problem,loved "Tangled In The Web" with its horn section,just so different,could be my fav track up there with "Jungle Of Love" , "Cold Is The Heart" & " Dream Until Tomorrow"...in fact im just gonna listen to this now cause it's been a while, after my lunch break  :)

• Like 1

• 2024 Gold Donors
32 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

I found this to be a little "meh". Really missed Oni's vocals but there are some definitely good songs on offer here. 

On 7/25/2020 at 8:13 AM, AlphaMale said:

They should've done a re-do of the S/T LM record with Oni's vocals instead of Robert's.

I love Robert Mason, but this was a great idea of Alpha's in response to the "re-imagined" butchering of the debut from last year. 

It still might be on the cards for next years anniversary. George has shown that he's more than happy to re-record material, so I don't know why he wouldn't do it.

Having said that, if it turned out anything like the debut's re-imagining, I'd rather he didn't. I was so disappointed with that.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Decent record,he's a good singer but to me there isn't anything special or unique about Mason's vox,you used to be able to got to club and hear a buncha guys who sounded like that...don't care for him singing Dokken' tunes either yet he definitely has his fans.For the artist formerly known as 'Lynch Mob'  Oni is the only singer I care to hear...I guess getting rid of the name is Lynch's way of cancel culturing himself....:crazy:

• Haha 1