Evenrude - One Size Fits All (1989)

Dead Planet

Forgot about this one.must take a listen again after all of these years,kinds minds me of Stage Dolls, I do remember liking this release but not much his other output like This Ole Town.

• Thanks 1

Haha mate, this one actually answers a thread you just created about Vixen/Paris. Most these songs ended up on Bai Bang albums later on. :)

Anyway, really cool album with a stack of cheesy, but killer scandi melodic rock / AOR. Yep, it's a good 'un, even if I generally prefer what Bai Bang did with most these songs later on. ;)

• 2023 Gold Donors
13 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Haha mate, this one actually answers a thread you just created about Vixen/Paris. Most these songs ended up on Bai Bang albums later on. :)

Anyway, really cool album with a stack of cheesy, but killer scandi melodic rock / AOR. Yep, it's a good 'un, even if I generally prefer what Bai Bang did with most these songs later on. ;)

This isn't my thread, but you've just answered my question. I'll have to check it out.

16 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

This isn't my thread, but you've just answered my question. I'll have to check it out.

Oh shit, lol. I thought you were doing all these. Was it Dead Planet all along or are you mixing it up? I'll check now... 

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

The Bai Bang versions sucked IMO.....

9 hours ago, Geoff said:

Can somebody please explain the connection between this and BaiBang? How comes Bai Bang used these songs? I like the last 3 or 4 Bai Bang albums, except for the production (and the voice maybe...) but these are all original songs, aren't they?

6 minutes ago, DorrianWolf said:

I prefer Evenrude versions too.

They just turned these songs to some "garage" type of sound.

What you think of Sha boom versions?

That's right - I knew the songs had popped up elsewhere too.

To answer JSM, I'm not 100% sure of the connection - I just think Ole Evenrude was possibly a prolific songwriter in the Scandi melodic rock scene and like a Desmond Child or someone, some of his songs did the rounds with a few bands at the time. But I'm not completely sure? 

As for my preference for the Bai Bang versions - to me there was just a bit more meat to them and hence why I preferred them. I get a preference for the more pure originals, though. 

3 minutes ago, Geoff said:

That's right - I knew the songs had popped up elsewhere too.

To answer JSM, I'm not 100% sure of the connection - I just think Ole Evenrude was possibly a prolific songwriter in the Scandi melodic rock scene and like a Desmond Child or someone, some of his songs did the rounds with a few bands at the time. But I'm not completely sure? 

As for my preference for the Bai Bang versions - to me there was just a bit more meat to them and hence why I preferred them. I get a preference for the more pure originals, though. 

Yes,Ole is songwriter for many different artists/producer too. Some of his best works are Returns V album,1992,Swedish Erotica debut and also Sha booms-Lets party (although that one is very pop rock oriented,not much depth but some catchy tracks. But Return ans Swedish Erotica are imo classics.

4 hours ago, DorrianWolf said:

Yes,Ole is songwriter for many different artists/producer too. Some of his best works are Returns V album,1992,Swedish Erotica debut and also Sha booms-Lets party (although that one is very pop rock oriented,not much depth but some catchy tracks. But Return ans Swedish Erotica are imo classics.

Love Swedish Erotica but I couldn't get into the Sha boom or Return stuff....

10 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Love Swedish Erotica but I couldn't get into the Sha boom or Return stuff....

I liked all three bands to a degree - Return's 'V' album is superb. But yes, Swedish Erotica well above the other two.