Valentine are back

Aordave89

11 hours ago, Stefan said:

is there a different link for Rest Of The World Stefan?

oh wait I found it

https://vanitymusicgroupworld.bigcartel.com/product/valentine-demos-from-the-attic-cd-dvd-pre-orders?

Edited by lettard

14 hours ago, Stefan said:

:blink:

I posted both links yesterday.

Yeah...my heads not right atm  :) cause your link is where I purchased it from :drink:

• 1 month later...

Love it,that intro sounds like we're about to start a Bill & Ted movie  :)

totally forgot that I ordered this already...but forgot the release date?

• 2023 Gold Donors
5 hours ago, lettard said:

Love it,that intro sounds like we're about to start a Bill & Ted movie  :)

totally forgot that I ordered this already...but forgot the release date?

I also ordered it but haven't received it yet

• 2 months later...

Mine arrived today...sounding really good...some tracks are better quality sound than others thus the title I suppose.

First couple "Alone Tonight" & " I'm Still Standing(v1) sound great ,sound drops for "Sandy" & "Take Some Time" but the tracks themselves are excellent.

Next up "Grind The Axe" is also excellent nice heavier track(as heavy as Valentine go) then the above track "Heart Of The City",followed by "On My Way Back Home" a ballady track,Hugo sounds as great as usual.

"Luv Honey" has a decent sound if a little throwaway/filler type is followed by Big Ballad "Never Gonna Let You Go" but this is what it is..a demo cleaned up,"All Rise" is ok,and I love the riff of "See No Evil" really good rocker.

"Calling" is another ballad and another good track..."All Night" has that keyboard fazed start and sounds like it shoulda been on a movie soundtrack from way back then,a great track...disc ends with another keyboard opener track in "The Light Shines Through" another ballady type sort of short and sweet fillery.

Interesting that in the liner notes it says that Ritchie Zito wanted them to explore fresh ideas after signing to RCA and changing to Open Skyz so these tracks were left on the shelf,for me even though I don't dislke Open Skyz this material shits all over it(and Soul Salvation) and it would be great if they re-recorded all this stuff as a Valentine album because for me its right up my street style wise.

Really pleased that I took a punt on this,but even though its brand new release my back tray has limited edition 20th century music 2019!! written on it..interesting  :)

Edited by lettard

10 hours ago, lettard said:

Mine arrived today...sounding really good...some tracks are better quality sound than others thus the title I suppose.

First couple "Alone Tonight" & " I'm Still Standing(v1) sound great ,sound drops for "Sandy" & "Take Some Time" but the tracks themselves are excellent.

Next up "Grind The Axe" is also excellent nice heavier track(as heavy as Valentine go) then the above track "Heart Of The City",followed by "On My Way Back Home" a ballady track,Hugo sounds as great as usual.

"Luv Honey" has a decent sound if a little throwaway/filler type is followed by Big Ballad "Never Gonna Let You Go" but this is what it is..a demo cleaned up,"All Rise" is ok,and I love the riff of "See No Evil" really good rocker.

"Calling" is another ballad and another good track..."All Night" has that keyboard fazed start and sounds like it shoulda been on a movie soundtrack from way back then,a great track...disc ends with another keyboard opener track in "The Light Shines Through" another ballady type sort of short and sweet fillery.

Interesting that in the liner notes it says that Ritchie Zito wanted them to explore fresh ideas after signing to RCA and changing to Open Skyz so these tracks were left on the shelf,for me even though I don't dislke Open Skyz this material shits all over it(and Soul Salvation) and it would be great if they re-recorded all this stuff as a Valentine album because for me its right up my street style wise.

Really pleased that I took a punt on this,but even though its brand new release my back tray has limited edition 20th century music 2019!! written on it..interesting  :)

Glad to know this release is available and being shipped now.  I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on the sound/style of the tracks.  I was a little uncertain about purchasing, but based on what you mentioned I think I'll pull the trigger.

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, nyoilers said:

Finally got this after waiting almost 5 months,

It comes from Spain. I order the Boss one, it took 6 months to get to Australia.