Mike Tramp - Second Time Around

Stefan

Isn't it funny reading into stuff like this. I look at the rugged image, the electric guitar, the album title and I wonder if he's having another crack at proper melodic hard rock. But of course we know he won't. :( It'll just be more of the same, no doubt, which is either good or bad depending on where you sit with him. Sadly, I haven't been interested since 'Mane Attraction.' :(

12 hours ago, Geoff said:

Isn't it funny reading into stuff like this. I look at the rugged image, the electric guitar, the album title and I wonder if he's having another crack at proper melodic hard rock. But of course we know he won't. :( It'll just be more of the same, no doubt, which is either good or bad depending on where you sit with him. Sadly, I haven't been interested since 'Mane Attraction.' :(

3 members had his last effort 'Stray From The Flock' on their Top 10 list from 2019. So I guess he must do something right. Actually I quite like him.

8 hours ago, Stefan said:

3 members had his last effort 'Stray From The Flock' on their Top 10 list from 2019. So I guess he must do something right. Actually I quite like him.

I am one members who Mike latest in my top 10. Reasoning is I enjoy what he doing , not he living on his past but moving on. It might weak excuse.;)

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, Doggy said:

I am one members who Mike latest in my top 10. Reasoning is I enjoy what he doing , not he living on his past but moving on. It might weak excuse.;)

I mean, I recognise those words as English, but...

18 hours ago, Stefan said:

Yeah, it's just not for me. Exactly the same as what happened to Danny Vaughn. The singer/song-writer thing is cool... if you're writing good songs. I can't connect with any of this stuff at all. 

That said, I do like the song on his last album about the White Lion days. I actually thought that was really cool... I guess because I could get into it. But generally, he's just not doing anything for me at all. :(

Some of Mike's solo stuff has been exceptional.
I didn't get to his last album yet. Heard it a few times, but it's very samey until you listen to it and start to differentiate between songs and then some start to stand out.

• 1 month later...

Well it may sound like it's more of the same becase it is.
Originally released on The Rock 'N' Roll Circuz in 2009.

Don't know much about this new album.

Maybe it is a compilation or remasters or whatever.
The Road is a great song though.

Just did a Google and came up with

This album will feature re-recordings of songs from the past.
More details about this will be revealed later.

Not sure how this song was rerecorded, sounds exactly the same as the original to me.

All of these songs are from the 2009 album Rock N Roll Circuz

Kinda weird to redo only songs from one album, probably because he get more $$$ by re-releasing it.
Like I said, The Road sounded no different to me.

• 2 weeks later...