A New Decade

PetraGirl86

A new decade guys! Any resolutions? What are your traditions? For some of you it'll be your fourth. Or your fifth- or sixth, (my mom didn't appreciate me letting her know that) but of course that doesn't necessarily mean your 60+ :lol:

Every year my family watches Groundhog Day on December 31st, and then it goes into January 1st. My resolutions, well, I haven't thought of those yet, if I even get to those haha! 

And, according to the guy on the radio 1. Make sure it's maintainable 2. Don't overwhelm yourself 3. It doesn't have to start on January 1st.

Never carried mine out whatever they've been ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Good Luck, and happy new year & decade. :rollercoaster:

6 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

Happy New Year to you !

Usually I spend the 1st watching college football and taking down Christmas decorations

Hahaha great way! 

Y'all are so yesterday. So 2019. I've been in 2020 for ages now (about 34mins) and it's sublime. It's so different to 2019. Spoiler alert, but Jesus returns to Earth right on midnight. You'll never believe what he's wearing (or should I say what he's not). 

But anyway, folk, happy new year to y'all... when you finally get here. ;)

Hope everyone has a better night than a lot of Australia did. Majority of celebrations cancelled due to bushfires, so a very quiet night for myself and many, I'm sure. Hope y'all have a more interesting and enjoyable evening. See you in 2020. :)

50 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Y'all are so yesterday. So 2019. I've been in 2020 for ages now (about 34mins) and it's sublime. It's so different to 2019. Spoiler alert, but Jesus returns to Earth right on midnight. You'll never believe what he's wearing (or should I say what he's not). 

But anyway, folk, happy new year to y'all... when you finally get here. ;)

Hope everyone has a better night than a lot of Australia did. Majority of celebrations cancelled due to bushfires, so a very quiet night for myself and many, I'm sure. Hope y'all have a more interesting and enjoyable evening. See you in 2020. :)

Heard that stuff on the radio. You disappointed? I'm working on a calendar - working much better since I'm not 8 anymore where every month started on a Sunday and had 31 days except for February which always had 28 😂

BB744E42-2F8F-487B-8862-14AC90D80382.jpeg

Edited by PetraGirl86

7 hours ago, PetraGirl86 said:

Heard that stuff on the radio. You disappointed? I'm working on a calendar - working much better since I'm not 8 anymore where every month started on a Sunday and had 31 days except for February which always had 28 😂

BB744E42-2F8F-487B-8862-14AC90D80382.jpeg

Disappointed about NYE being cancelled? Yeah, I guess. It's never meant anything to me, but it's always a bit of a different night on the calendar, and one of the few opportunities throughout a year you get out and amongst it for a night. More so for the kids than myself, but they always love the fireworks. 

In some way I "get" the fireworks being cancelled in so many places, but on the other hand, I've not actually ever heard in my lifetime of a bushfire being sparked by a firework at 9pm or midnight... and it is summer, even if this drought is not (thankfully) a frequent event. Yeah, I dunno - I get the reasons for and against but it's still a disappointment. ;) 

• 2023 Gold Donors
10 minutes ago, Geoff said:

In some way I "get" the fireworks being cancelled in so many places, but on the other hand, I've not actually ever heard in my lifetime of a bushfire being sparked by a firework at 9pm or midnight... and it is summer, even if this drought is not (thankfully) a frequent event. Yeah, I dunno - I get the reasons for and against but it's still a disappointment. ;) 

Yeah, when I heard talk of cancelling the big inner city ones I thought it was a bit of an over reaction. I think it was more of a sensitivity thing than safety related. I have to say, when I woke up to the news saying "Australia welcomes in the New Year with spectacular fireworks displays", it did seem a bit insensitive after seeing the images from Mallacoota especially. Having said that, New Year's is obviously always in the middle of Summer down here and bushfires are always a thing in Summer, so I'm not sure why there was a big deal about this year.