This is complete BullShi*!!!!

metaltrekman

I love Star Trek. I have been a fan since the very beginning. I loved all the series and watched all the episodes. Watched them all in re-runs for years. Have all the movies. And always look forward to a new one. But this IMO is Bullshit!! The newest series (Discovery) is exclusively shown on the pay per view CBS station. Ive totally ignored everything about it since I heard about it, because its CRAP they charge extra to watch it.  The Have to know that they lost a lot of followers by doing that.  And now THIS. When I first heard the buzz about Patrick Stewart bringing back Jean-Luc Picard in a NEW series I was really excited about it. And I was following the news about it whenever and wherever i found it. But now THIS!!!!!!!  What a rip off!!!!!!!!!! I have Prime but it wont show on Prime in the USA & Canada. So AGAIN CBS wants me to pay extra to watch something I love. The only time I watch TV is on the weekends and then its only a few hours, and I still have problems finding things that interest me. So they are freakin crazy if they think I will pay extra money to watch a network I NEVER watch, just to watch one TV show (even though I love it) The can kiss my fuc*ing ass!!:cussing::fu::butt:https://www.startrek.com/news/stewart-picard-amazon-prime

Not a big Trek fan. I heard Discovery was a trash show. I've caught a bit here and there when my roommates were watching it. The show certainly didn't seem that great. I probably wouldn't watch it if it was free.

S.T. Discovery is a great series...and the only way I can see it is to download it...now I know a lot of people don't like doing that but if a show is not available to me I don't feel bad about using a torrent especially when they are screwing long time fans ...

I'm a fair ST fan.
I've watched both seasons of ST Discovery and I have to say it's hard work.
It's not what the series was about.

They have gone far to technical and far too many story arcs.
Another big thing all other series did was wrap the story up every episode of two.
With Discovery you need to watch it constantly to know what the hell is going on.
Even then it's hard.

New ep comes out and I have to force myself to watch it.

Then there's the timeline stuff.
All sorted out with a "let's keep all this a secret" lol
But they have fucked the timeline before. Again they decide to screw with the way Klingons look etc

In the end, it's just all too technical and hard to make sense of.
Will be interesting to see what the new Picard ST is like.

In the meantime.... WATCH THE ORVILLE.
More than a great replacement for any Star Trek

9 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I'm a fair ST fan.
I've watched both seasons of ST Discovery and I have to say it's hard work.
It's not what the series was about.

They have gone far to technical and far too many story arcs.
Another big thing all other series did was wrap the story up every episode of two.
With Discovery you need to watch it constantly to know what the hell is going on.
Even then it's hard.

New ep comes out and I have to force myself to watch it.

Then there's the timeline stuff.
All sorted out with a "let's keep all this a secret" lol
But they have fucked the timeline before. Again they decide to screw with the way Klingons look etc

In the end, it's just all too technical and hard to make sense of.
Will be interesting to see what the new Picard ST is like.

In the meantime.... WATCH THE ORVILLE.
More than a great replacement for any Star Trek

I find the series works much better if you binge watch over a day or two...I find myself doing this with a lot of tv series where the main storyline takes the entire season to complete...

• My Little Pony
20 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

S.T. Discovery is a great series...and the only way I can see it is to download it...now I know a lot of people don't like doing that but if a show is not available to me I don't feel bad about using a torrent especially when they are screwing long time fans ...

Perfectly legal in Canada, so don't feel bad about it. 

10 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

I find the series works much better if you binge watch over a day or two...I find myself doing this with a lot of tv series where the main storyline takes the entire season to complete...

Yeah I ended up doing that because I was putting it off every week :)

As for downloading, I have Foxtel, Netflix and Stan, but still have shows that I need to see before spoilers.
last couple of weeks I was overseas and had to get access to Game Of Thrones.

Canada is possibly like Australia where it is really hard to keep up to date with US TV shows as they are released.
most of the time they are a season or more behind on free to air and even subscriptions.
the networks lack of desire to allow these shows to air in real time is the biggest motivator for downloading TV series.

Some shows they manage to do it with, GOT, Walking Dead, Survivor etc but we're in a modern society here.
my preference for quality and ease is to set my box to record and then watch when I am ready to, not wait for weeks or years to stay up to date.

• My Little Pony
17 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Actually it isn't...make sure you use a VPN that doesn't keep records...

Huh? When did they change the law?

• My Little Pony
22 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

The cops won't come after you but the film and tv industry can and will sue you if they can prove you downloaded any of their stuff....

Oh, yeah, that. They just bully people into settling. Most cases don't even go to court, and I don't think they've won any of the cases that have.