Some new features...

I've been digging down deeper into some of the board settings and am experimenting with a couple of things. Some may not work as expected or may cause problems, so all is subject to change.

You'll now see the ability to "Like" posts as well as "Thank", "Laugh", etc. I have the ability to do custom ones too, so I may implement a "Twatwaffle!" status at some point... or "Don't be like Geoff" status. :lol:

Let me know if you run into any problems or have ideas.

Thanks,

-Dan

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Oh no.... we're turning into Facebook and Twitter!! Yikes!!

Assuming that this is serious and not an attempt at humor, since there are no smilies: social interactions (thanking, liking, "thumbs up") have been a part of many forums for over a decade now. It just wasn't a feature on the old version of the board, and somewhat buried in the config of the new one.

If it bothers enough people, I can turn it back off, but at least one person had mentioned they wished the board had this feature.

• Haha 2

• 9 months later...

Why dont I have the like buttons on my boards? there are absolutely no buttons of any kind outside of the quote, share, and report post, can anyone tell me why this might be the case? I dont see it on my laptop or on my phone, any help would be awesome,

Dude, I know your our Lord and savior on HH, but seriously, what did you do? How you do that? Why was it not showing on my account? I'm just extremely curious, thanks bro

It was a recent feature addition and when I went back through the member groups (2012 was the last time you donated during the donation drive at $20 or higher so you were in the 2012 donors group), and I missed enabling the feature on that group. Sorry about that.

No dude, I was just going nuts, cause Russ was getting irritated cause I was bugging him, cause I couldn't see the button he was directing me to, then he said it will be on your phone, it wasn't,no big deal really, but now I'm sober, I can do cool shit like give u some money, do u tae it whenever? Or when is this donation drive? U should do one like pbs, and have like the last living member of The Dave Clark 5, and like John Oats, maybe Art Garfunkel, then invite like Willford Brimley, or Mario Van Peebles, it would be great, just an idea, probably way over the top

13 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

No dude, I was just going nuts, cause Russ was getting irritated cause I was bugging him, cause I couldn't see the button he was directing me to, then he said it will be on your phone, it wasn't,no big deal really, but now I'm sober, I can do cool shit like give u some money, do u tae it whenever? Or when is this donation drive? U should do one like pbs, and have like the last living member of The Dave Clark 5, and like John Oats, maybe Art Garfunkel, then invite like Willford Brimley, or Mario Van Peebles, it would be great, just an idea, probably way over the top

Are you sure you're sober? ;)

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Are you sure you're sober? ;)

You thought I was off the hook fucked up! I can barely even stay inside my own skin when im sober, and any time I hear the word donation, my mind races back to the last PBS fundraiser, where they literally had the lineup I just proposed helping them collect donations, like anyone's gonna race to their wallet cause somebody like, I don't know, Jan Michael Vincent is directing them to donate, that's hilarious and upsurd, glad to see good old Stefan around, I don't see u a whole lot anymore, cheers buddy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2019 at 2:33 AM, heavyharmonies said:

I've been digging down deeper into some of the board settings and am experimenting with a couple of things. Some may not work as expected or may cause problems, so all is subject to change.

You'll now see the ability to "Like" posts as well as "Thank", "Laugh", etc. I have the ability to do custom ones too, so I may implement a "Twatwaffle!" status at some point... or "Don't be like Geoff" status. :lol:

Let me know if you run into any problems or have ideas.

Thanks,

-Dan

Yes, I think a 'Be like Geoff' thing would be awesome. I approve. 

I like all these likes and laugh things because sometimes that's what a post requires and it beats typing "I like that" or "lol" if you can just click those icons. 

Cool business. 

• Like 1