Tim Karr - Lost in the Ether (New Album coming soon)

whiplash1972

cover1-18-2019-1170x1170.jpg

Sometimes I just need to sit and think for a while…

For me, songwriting is an attempt to understand this thing called Life and how I fit into it. How to survive in a world apparently determined to set itself on fire. Do I bring a match or do I join the Bucket brigade? The answers are not always so simple.

Ideas usually start with a lyric, hook, or groove that will not leave me alone. It runs in a loop in my head non-stop, always in the background like a face half hidden in the shadows. (This usually happens in my kitchen by the way. Kind of annoying.) Anyway… that shit will torture me until I record it in some form. Eventually, a new record starts to take shape. Something I need to say; something that needs to be said. No-holds-barred, brutally honest.

In a world with so much disposable music, these songs need to stand the test of time.

Recording Lost in the Ether was a blast. Full of people I’ve known for 30+ years. People I came up with. People I grew up with. Old friends and a few new ones who graciously donated their time and talents to making back-to-basics rock n’ roll music. Songs for late night drives on darkened highways. Songs to dance to, or comfort you when times get tough. To make a connection when the whole world seems lost.

I’m really proud of this record. I hope you will dig it too.

https://timkarr.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Well, you can listen to the first song from "Lost in the Ether" here:

Entitled "Salvation or Bust"... hmm, no, unfortunately I don't much like it.  <_<

Not really that far off from the debut sound to me,

I’m a fan; own both “Rubbin Me the Right Way”  and “Everybody Bleeds”, so hopefully the rest of the new album will be better than this first offering.  :dance: