Shark Island - Bloodline

PeterS

I feel like I'm invited to a party and everyone's nude except me. What's the go with this album? Why does it sound like a smashed ass cheek? A band that achieved a bit of success back in the day can't get an album properly produced? This sounds like dogshit. I thought it was old demos just released now in 2019. 

And sorry guys, I was never a massive fan of Richard Black in the first place, but appreciated his different vocals and kinda dug him... but he sounds dreadful on this. That closing ballad is a strong contender for worst song of 2019, and his vocals are a contributing factor. 

Agree with you guys that a few of the early songs are pretty cool, as well as 'When she cries' and 'Law of the order.' But there's also some real garbage on this. All in all, sadly, I thought it was a pretty poor album. Not one I'd spin again either. :(

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

“Bloodline” was produced by Alex Kane (formally of Life Sex And Death) and mixed by the legendary Sylvia Massy.

I'm not familiar with their previous output? Does it always sound so terrible? 

12 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Heard of Kane only from the band LSD and I have no clue who the other person is.

Yeah, I remember the dude from LSD. I don't know about his life after LSD, but seems an odd choice as a first choice producer (even odder after hearing this album).  And yeah, I've never heard the other name either. I'm thinking, after this, that's for a very, very, very, VERY good reason. 

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:48 PM, AlphaMale said:

“mixed by the legendary Sylvia Massy.

Dunno...but it says this person is legendary :whistle: couldn't even be bothered to google the name.

Edited by lettard

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGbAvd0b1Vtpsc0xzWkZp

Sylvia Lenore Massy is an American record producer, mixer and engineer, and author. Massy is perhaps best recognized for her work on 1993's Undertow, the full-length double platinum-selling debut for Los Angeles alternative metal band Toolas well as her work with System of a Down, Johnny Cash,and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

• 4 weeks later...