Vice (Germany) - Veni Vidi Vice

Stefan

Vice makes a comeback with 'Veni Vidi Vice', the first release since 1990's 'Second Excess'. Out November 17th on Pride & Joy Music.

0705632054727_600.jpg

Tracks:

1. Hot Summer Night Party 
2. Dirty Mind 
3. Where Do I Belong 
4. You Bother 
5. Only Love Can Heal the World
6. Open Eyes 
7. The Joker 
8. Turn It Up
9. Not What It Seems 
10. My Way

Their first album had one of the worst covers ever (well more down to their choice of clothing), but I always liked it. Had always owned it on vinyl as someone gave me a copy for free years ago, but finally got round to replacing it on CD a few years ago and bought the second album around the same time.

Would never say they were a great band, but their albums were enjoyable if a bit tacky.

This song sounds fun, and on a par with their previous releases. Be interesting to hear the new album for certain.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/24/2017 at 1:29 AM, Stefan said:

Sounds like a Band Aid thingie.

Oh fuck. I assume you mean the only way you can listen it is with 58 bandaids on each year to block it out. That will surely be the worst non-christian song of 2019. I'd almost bet my house on it. Woeful beyond woe. As bad as it possibly gets. 

As for the rest of this thread, doesn't sounds like this is going to be much good. Like Howdy says, they were never that great anyway, but I'll probably give it a listen. Very left-of-field band to make a comeback, even if just one original member. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2019 at 1:26 PM, Geoff said:

Oh fuck. I assume you mean the only way you can listen it is with 58 bandaids on each year to block it out. That will surely be the worst non-christian song of 2019. I'd almost bet my house on it. Woeful beyond woe. As bad as it possibly gets. 

As for the rest of this thread, doesn't sounds like this is going to be much good. Like Howdy says, they were never that great anyway, but I'll probably give it a listen. Very left-of-field band to make a comeback, even if just one original member. 

That song was from the 2017 album.

This one is a very different beast. It is such a mix and match of styles and is kinda all over the place.

The cover of I hate myself for loving you is pretty good, but the rest of the album is kinda hit or miss as they dont seem to know what direction they are going (there is even a remake of Made for pleasure from the debut album).

Another thing to note is that the only person from the "classic" era on the last album was the guitarist, and two years on only two members of the 2017 line up are left as well, so it really does seem to be a revolving door of band members.

Edited by Captain Howdy

20 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

That song was from the 2017 album.

This one is a very different beast. It is such a mix and match of styles and is kinda all over the place.

The cover of I hate myself for loving you is pretty good, but the rest of the album is kinda hit or miss as they dont seem to know what direction they are going (there is even a remake of Made for pleasure from the debut album).

Another thing to note is that the only person from the "classic" era on the last album was the guitarist, and two years on only two members of the 2017 line up are left as well, so it really does seem to be a revolving door of band members.

So they actually released an album in 2017 as well? Or just the single?

I heard the new album and that was definitely a once-only occasion. Really, really bad album. As you suggest, I have no idea what their intention with this album is. But it's awful.