Fozzy - Judas

Stefan

21731668_10155376642666195_4978626016553

From hysteriamag.com:

After the massive success of the record’s title track, FOZZY are set to drop their seventh studio album Judas 13 October through Century Media.

The video for Judas has been seen over nine million times on YouTube, and the track hit #1 on iTunes in eight countries across the world. Although the record label were initially against the idea, vocalist Chris Jericho pushed for the song as the record’s first single. Their last record Do You Wanna Start A War hit #54 on the Billboard charts in 2014, and Judas is set to top that figure according to the vocalist himself.

“These are the best 11 songs that we have, all of them could be hits,” says Jericho in a press release. “There’s [sic] so many great songs on this I think if this was like 1987 in the days of Hysteria andAppetite for Destruction when you saw a band that had five or six singles. This is that type of record. There was a lot of argument about whether Painless should be the single or Elevator orWeight Of My World and now Drinkin’ With Jesus is in contention so there’s [sic] a lot of great songs on the record… And as we’ve seen with Judas I think this record is going to take us to a completely different level, all across the board.”

When the band eventually hit our shores (although there are no details as of yet, the singer says “we’re looking forward to doing that on this tour cycle. Hopefully in 2018 for sure), Jericho promises that FOZZY are set to dominate the stage.

“Now WE’RE BACK with our best album EEEVVVEEERRR and are so excited to destroy stages all across the globe again! There is nothing like playing FOZZY rock n roll to our amazing friends worldwide and watching you guys smile, laugh and have a blast… after all, isn’t that what rock n roll is all about? We believe that there’s only three things you can count on in life: death, taxes and the fact that if you come to a FOZZY show, you are GOING to have a great time!! That’s the FOZZY money back guarantee…”

www.fozzyrock.com/fozzy

FB

Samples: https://www.amazon.com/Judas-Fozzy/dp/B074CTW54K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1505832372&sr=8-3&keywords=fozzy+judas

You've heard this before. Excellent song.

• 1 month later...

fozzyjudasalbumcover.jpg

Tracks:

1.  Judas  

2.  Drinkin With Jesus  

3.  Painless  

4.  Weight of My World  

5.  Wordsworth Way  

6.  Burn Me Out  

7.  Three Days in Jail  

8.  Elevator  

9.  Running With the Bulls  

10.  Capsized  

11.  Wolves At Bay  

Yep, I agree. Really not a bad album at all. They have a good sound, and there's good songs on here. 'Painless' and 'Wordsworth Way' were my faves. Not too much greatness... but a good solid hard rock/metal album. 

Never really got in to Fozzy.
I remember they did a covers album which was well received.
At the time they started moving on seriously, their style of music I was gravitating away from a bit.
Surprised they're still going along. I always thought it was a bit of fun from a wrestler lol

• 3 months later...

This is the album that opened my eyes to the more modern style of metal. Whilst Jericho can't be said to be a great singer, he certainly fits the bands sound and does a very good job on this album. 

There are a lot of good songs on here and my favourites are

Judas

Drinking With Jesus

Elevator

Painless

Capsized

• 1 year later...

Jericho announced via Twitter today that they have just signed a new record deal with Sony.

Not sure in this day and age it means much, but should get them the extra exposure that has benefited the likes of Halestorm (Atlantic) and Steel Panther when they were on Universal.

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1113638718722781185 https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1113638718722781185