05. Make Some Noise
06. Fortunate Son
07. Last Time I Saw The Sun
08. Mine All Mine
09. How Does It Feel
10. Freedom
11. All The Same
12. Join Together

Apparently these guys were in Australia recently, or still are. And apparently the band is half based in Australia and half in LA. And apparently Jon Stevens, from Noiseworks, was their original vocalist. WTF to all of this. A guy at work mentioned them to me the other day assuming I'd be all over it. Like I said to him, I'd never heard of them and then we noticed this was their 3rd (!!!) album.

Anyway, after all that, and noticing Aldrich in the band pic, I decided to check it out. Heard one or two songs on Tuesday night and I think I'll give it a listen. Sounded pretty cool. Nice riffage on the album opener.

That Long Way To Go song is excellent the first two sound like leftover Aerosmith songs.

I thought there was another thread about this band with super poor songs that made me avoid this thread.

I am sure I probably sampled them somewhere along the way too and hated them and therefore never checked them out before. Sure of it.

It's an okay album... mid 60% kind of thing. Pretty forgettable at the end of the day, but some okay moments.

I got my CD today and I like it a lot! John Corabi does sound a bit like Steven Tyler but that's OK! I think the songs sound great and will be listening to this for the rest of the summer along with the new Jackyl CD! I know nothing about the first Dead Daisy's CD so I'm more willing to give it a chance and I wasn't disappointed.

The only thing is I could do without is the over-covered song of the Fortunate Son song. Does every band have to cover this song? Didn't Creedance make any other songs from the 60's or 70's?

Oh well. I still like the rest of the songs on this CD :D

You think Corabi sounds like Steven Tyler? Hmmm, I don't see that at all. I always saw Corabi as a metal singer in a hard rock world. I don't know if it's because I heard him first in Motley Crue, but for me his voice has never suited hard rock as much as it did the heavier Motley Crue album... which I guess is still technically hard rock, but it is quite hard compared to The Scream or some such artist.

You think Corabi sounds like Steven Tyler? Hmmm, I don't see that at all. I always saw Corabi as a metal singer in a hard rock world. I don't know if it's because I heard him first in Motley Crue, but for me his voice has never suited hard rock as much as it did the heavier Motley Crue album... which I guess is still technically hard rock, but it is quite hard compared to The Scream or some such artist.

to a certain point, yeah. I do think he has a similar raspy voice like Steven Tyler but it also stands out due to the kind of rock they sing. I thinks its very similar to the Scream music. I also think he did sing harder on the Motley Cure but the music was heavier too.

to a certain point, yeah. I do think he has a similar raspy voice like Steven Tyler but it also stands out due to the kind of rock they sing. I thinks its very similar to the Scream music. I also think he did sing harder on the Motley Cure but the music was heavier too.

Yeah, it is definitely quite similar to The Scream, I definitely agree with that.

• 2 months later...