HITnRUN - HITnRUN (1993/2015)

AlphaMale

HitnRun%2B-%2BHitnRun%2B-%2Bfront.gif

It's never too late they say... HITnRUN release today, December 11 their self-titled full length album 24 years after first forming.

HitnRun, a Scranton, Pennsylvania based five-piece, was formed in 1991 and seems they stormed the music scene of Eastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey bringing their brand of original commercial hard rock to the masses.

HitnRun opened for national recording acts Dirty Looks, Tyketto, and Widowmaker (featuring Dee Snider of Twisted Sister). The group released a self-managed mini-album in 1993 but sadly arrived too late into the US scene, at the time dominated by the grunge scene.

Now after unlocking the vaults and putting the finishing touches on their lifelong recordings, the band is releasing their self-titled "HitnRun" debut album to rockers around the world.

Drummer Beckett Grealish says, “Back in 1991, we were told that there was no way we could play original rock in the Scranton PA area and draw a crowd, but we proved the naysayers wrong.” With hard rocking, hook-laden songs and electrifying live performances, HitnRun quickly developed a large and dedicated following in a music scene typically dominated by cover bands.

“It’s taken a lot of hard work and patience to get to this point, but we’re really proud of this record and can’t wait for rock fans to hear it,” says HitnRun guitarist Jareth Grealish. “This album really captures our sound from the early '90s: bluesy, melodic, soulful and rocking,” he continues.

And indeed this is a great collection of pure late '80s / early 90s US melodic hard rock in the vein of Hurricane, Roxy Blue, Great White, Y&T, etc.

'Shot Of Love' is a killer opener driven by a great riffs, Eric Montoya's slightly raspy vocals and a catchy chorus. There's more quality in the groovy 'Piece Of The Action', the Rough Cutt-like 'King Of The Fools', or the catchy arena ready 'Got The Fire'.

'Forever' is the ballad (very good) still rocking with a strong riff and featuring nice harmony vocals, then 'Take It To The Limit' rocks again in great form.

The highly harmonized 'She's So Wild' is plenty of groove, 'Love Gone Bad' has a midtempo / bluesy feel in the Whitesnake mould, and 'Wild And Crazy Days' adds lots of swagger to the solid riff / chorus.

Listening HitnRun's quality, you know this band should have been huge. This is not just another 'forgotten band / album rescued from the vaults'. Not at all, these guys are terrific.

This is prime US Hard Rock of the greatest quality, and even the production / mix is excellent for a self-managed band. Don't miss this album.

HIGHLY Recommended.

01. Shot Of Love
02. Piece Of The Action
03. King Of The Fools
04. Got The Fire
05. Forever
06. Take It To The Limit
07. She's So Wild
08. Love Gone Bad
09. Wild And Crazy Days

Eric Montoya – Lead vocals
Mark Sutorka – Guitars, backing vocals
Jareth Grealish – Guitars, backing vocals
Dan Whitman – Bass
Beckett Grealish – Drums

BUY IT !
www.amazon.co.uk/HitnRun/dp/B018A8JY96

I wonder whose page BANNED WEBSITE stole that review from?? :D

Oh, and as a lifelong resident of New Jersey I'm officially calling bullsh*t on their claim that they "stormed" our music scene, cuz I never heard of these yokels.

Hmmm, they appear to look cooler than they sound. I don't mind the ballad, but even that is pretty average. The rocker is super average. Yeah, not sure about this one... could be a good reason no one ever heard of them...

Hmmm, they appear to look cooler than they sound. I don't mind the ballad, but even that is pretty average. The rocker is super average. Yeah, not sure about this one... could be a good reason no one ever heard of them...

I think the timing. Self released mini album in 1993. Sorry kids but the ship has sailed and practically returned by then.

And yes the songs even at that time wouldn't have blipped as they are pretty fun of the mill.

Pretty sure there are a dozen or so "Hit n Run"'s I know I have 3 or 4 and none of them are this one.

Love your comment Keith!