Megadeth - Dystopia (January 22nd)

All Nights Reserved

• My Little Pony

OK, in his defense that was a thread for the single. He started a thread for the album.

• 3 weeks later...

^^ The video sucks but I'm a Mega fanboy so I dig the new tracks thus far......

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dammit dammit dammit!! :taz:

I stopped at Best Buy on my way home tonight to pick up the new Megadeth (cuz their CD has two exclusive bonus tracks on it, y'know)... and they were already sold out of it. Seriously? On the first day of release? How many copies did they get in stock, five?

Pffft!!

I had been looking forward to spending this snowy weekend cooped up in the house with the new Deth playing on a constant loop. So much for that idea.

Thanks for nothin' Best Buy. Eat balls!!

I've listened to it twice on Spotify already (not the same as having the CD, but any port in a storm, as the saying goes) and it's sounding pretty fuckin' killer. Already I can say that it smokes Super Collider and Thirteen.

Having fresh blood in the band has obviously given ol' Dave a kick in the ass. Maybe he ought to rotate in some new band members every time he does a new record. :D

OK, so I gave my local Best Buy one more shot on my way home from work on Monday night, hoping that maybe they'd gotten some re-stock on the Megadeth CD... and came up empty again. So I sez "fuck it," went home and ordered their two-exclusives-bonus-tracks version off their web site. Now I'm just waiting impatiently for it to arrive.

I can't wait for the inevitable survey e-mail they're bound to send me after my order is completed, asking me "Please tell us about your Best Buy shopping experience".... so I can rip them a new ass about how stupid it was that I couldn't buy a Best Buy exclusive item in an actual Best Buy store ON THE FUCKING RELEASE DATE.

• 2 weeks later...

After the first spin it sounds okay to me. At least much better than the horrible Super Collider. Need more spins definitely but the new members are such boring musicians, especially that guitarist guy. I think Megadeth deserves a killer soloist like Friedman or Poland on every record. The music just needs it, you know.

I like this one but barely pass the 80% mark, at the end of the day it's probably around 77-79% mark from me. A solid album, definitely better than the last one, but I need to revisit Thirteen to see how it fares

I like this one but barely pass the 80% mark, at the end of the day it's probably around 77-79% mark from me. A solid album, definitely better than the last one, but I need to revisit Thirteen to see how it fares

I like Thirteen. It was a catchy, melodic and yet a rocking metal album.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...