GEORGE LYNCH: Classic DOKKEN Reunion Talks Are Once Again Underway

AlphaMale

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/george-lynch-classic-dokken-reunion-talks-are-once-again-underway/#JiqCWFSOXfZAgEor.99

GEORGE LYNCH: Classic DOKKEN Reunion Talks Are Once Again Underway

georgelynchtestifyvid_638.jpg

Former DOKKEN guitarist George Lynch says that talks are once again underway about a resurrection of the band's classic lineup. He tells Glide Magazine in a new interview: "The project that is on the table right now is possibly a DOKKEN reunion, but of course that comes and goes every couple of years [laughs], so who knows. But we're talking again about that."

According to Lynch, if a full-blown DOKKEN reunion doesn't happen, he might record a new album with former DOKKEN bassist Jeff Pilson and STRYPER frontman Michael Sweet. He says: "[A collaboration with Pilson and Sweet has] been on the books for a while but it's just the logistics and the time constraints. Jeff is in FOREIGNER and very, very busy. Michael Sweet has a lot of things going on. And to make things more confusing is Michael and I did the SWEET & LYNCH record, which kind of precluded Jeff and I and Michael from doing a T&N record [the project featuring Lynch, Pilson and DOKKEN drummer Mick Brown], which is essentially the same thing, only without Jeff. [Laughs] There's only one degree of separation between those two bands. I'm even getting confused. [Laughs]"

Don Dokken and Lynch appeared on VH1 Classic's "That Metal Show" together back in May of 2010 in hopes that a reunion of DOKKEN's classic linep would follow. Despite their efforts, the reunion never happened and Don went forward with DOKKEN's current lineup.

In a recent interview with The Washington Times, Don was asked what he and George fight about, Don said: "I finally realized what it was all about when we played a reunion tour of Japan in 1995. It all started again: him playing with his back to the audience. Every time I talked to the audience, he would make these little noises with [his] guitar like a child. I said, 'What is the problem? What can I do to make this work?' He pointed at the 20-foot backdrop hanging behind that read 'Dokken' and said, 'That's the problem. The name." He continued: "It's my name, but it's also the band’s name. Nothing you can do about it."

All the members of DOKKEN's classic 1980s lineup reunited on stage for the first time in more than a decade on November 29, 2009 at the House of Blues in Anaheim, California. Don Dokken appeared on stage and said he had some friends he wanted to introduce. Pilson and Lynch joined Mick Brown (drums) for a two-song encore of "When Heaven Comes Down" and "In My Dreams".

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/george-lynch-classic-dokken-reunion-talks-are-once-again-underway/#JiqCWFSOXfZAgEor.99

I ask myself if it's something I'd still like or not, and I would, but I'm not sure it'd pay off. There's just no good music coming out of these guys individually, for quite a long time, so why would it be good if they reunited?

I'd love to be proved wrong, and hope the chemistry would take over and produce a good, classic sounding Dokken album... but jeez I'd be skeptical.

I haven't really listened to Dokken properly since 'Erase The Slate' (let's ignore 'Shadowlife') ... like Geoff, I'm not convinced that this would result in anything worthwhile - but wouldn't it be great if the band pulled something magical out of the hat?

I'm not gonna hold my breath. It seems like Don and George "talk" about this every couple of years and nothing ever seems to come of it.

• 4 weeks later...

I still would like to hear a new album with the full band. If Don could pull off Lightning Strikes Again, it would be interesting to hear what the four of them could come up with that would be classic Dokken sounding.

• 5 months later...

February 23, 2016

Jeff Pilson:

Hello 80’s metalheads, lurkers, and surfers! There is word again of a possible DOKKEN reunion, this time from former bassist, Jeff Pilson, who says “we’re actually working really hard to try and pull something together right now. It has to fall in spaces where there is time off [from my gig with Foreigner], so I don’t know for sure whether it’s gonna happen. So let’s just say we’re all friendly now, we’re all past all the decades-old crap, and we all talk and everything’s great. Now it really is just down to scheduling and trying to figure it out. Because, you know, you’ve gotta do it right, if you’re gonna do it. We all feel that way. Pilson continued; “We shared something very special together. I think we’re all at the point in life where we kind of appreciate it now. And if we ever get a chance to do some more with it, I think… It would be very interesting, because we’ve never been in a situation where there wasn’t animosity, so I don’t know. [Laughs] Maybe it won’t work. I don’t know. [Laughs]”

I'm not holding my breath. They seem to "talk" about a reunion every two or three years now and nothing ever comes of it.

• 2 months later...

Being reported that the DOKKEN reunion is on full go. They are reunited and have booked 6 shows in Japan.

https://hardrockhub.com/2016/05/23/back-for-the-attack-dokken-confirmed-for-reunion-starting-in-japan/

BACK FOR THE ATTACK! Dokken confirmed for reunion starting in Japan

1on1 with Mitch Lafon — Legendary drummer ‘Wild’ Mick Brown of Dokken joins Mitch for episode 223 of One On One With Mitch Lafon.

In the show’s only interview, drummer ‘Wild’ Mick Brown discusses the upcoming classic line-up DOKKEN reunion & the confirmed Japanese tour dates as well as his new band ‘Wild’ Mick Brown And The Bourbon Ballet.

Quote from the interview:

About Dokken reunion (time – 23.37) : ‘In spite of ourselves, we always seem to do well.”

(time 24.15): “You have to decide – I’m in or I’m out. Let it go and play ball… Somehow, it seems to work out. It’s never very easy and I’m sure it’s not going to be this time either.”

Mitch Lafon @ Twitter – Facebook

‘Wild’ Mick Brown @ Facebook – Dokken – Dokken FB

http://ift.tt/22kPTET

Meh, I'll believe it when I see it