Yardstones - these guys impressed me at swedenrock

glam_junkie

This is great! Nice one LIndsay, another great find.

Whole album is up on Youtube too and sounds good. No reviews online that I can find ... hoping I can get to review it.

Saw these guys open up at about 11am one morning at swedenrock this year. Really impressed me live, so trying to dig up their cd.

Any luck, Lindsay? I sent a message on FB, but haven't had a reply.

I got a reply but with shipping it was gonna cost me almost $40!!!!!

That's mad. Download it is then. No idea where from though...

Why would a band make their music so far to get hold of? Kind of defeats the object, doesn't it?

Still loving the tunes though. Can listen to the whole thing here and the first few tracks seem really good. Nice vocals and f***ing great guitar work.

https://www.facebook.com/Yardstones/app_178091127385

i did ask about sending unregistered to see what the cost came down too. no response yet/

btw, here's a few shots I took of the guys at swedenrock. (and the guitars were awesome live aswell)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.801963686580624.1073741846.348565138587150&type=3

10404859_801964383247221_339769652041900

Awesome photos, mate.

Thank you sir Geoff.

I actually hired a lens with a decent zoom to take to the festival. Worth about $3k, but a few hundred bucks to hire for a few days. Problem is... now I want one!

Haha. I know that feeling. When I was on Kangaroo Island two years ago a guy let me borrow his super zoom lens to take photos of seals for a little while. Very similar scenario to you, hey? :lol: But yeah, it's hard to give the lens back when you're done... but by christ those things are expensive!

• 3 months later...

Shoulda grabbed the cd when I was at swedenrock.... still have not manged to get my hands on a copy

You should email the band again as I am sure they have many to unload now that the singer is moving on...

I got mine from the band and a shirt for a very meager price.

Yardstones with Noah Andréasson and 4 others.

We’d like to thank everyone who came out to Metal På Bruket and saw our last show with Jim Lantz as our lead vocalist! We love you all!

A special thanks to Robin Jidhed who booked us, and to the working staff at the event!

We wish Jim all the best of luck with future projects and in life. We want you all to know that we go our separate ways as brothers and that we love each other! There are no bad feelings between us, and we’re all still very good friends who care about each other!

Yardstones will keep going strong, we’re currently writing songs for our second album and plotting for the future of the band! We’ll come back stronger than ever with awesome new material and a fitting replacement on lead vocals!

Keep it real!

/Adde, Sankt, Frankie and Noah

Yardstones