MSG (McAuley Schenker Group) remastered [SHM-CD]

AlphaMale

The first three discs of McAuley Schenker Group have been remastered and reissued on [sHM-CD].

Released May 20, 2015 in Japan (of course).

CD Japan has 'em for $13.89 each

Perfect Timing:

McAULEY%2BSCHENKER%2BGROUP%2B-%2BPerfect

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UICY-25516

Catalog No. UICY-25516 JAN/ISBN 4988005885593 Product Type CD SHM-CD Number of Discs 1 Label/Distributor UNIVERSAL MUSIC

SHM-CD discs are fully compatible with standard CD players.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UICY-25516

Save Yourself:

McAULEY%2BSCHENKER%2BGROUP%2B-%2BSave%2B

Catalog No. UICY-25517 JAN/ISBN 4988005885609 Product Type CD SHM-CD Number of Discs 1 Label/Distributor UNIVERSAL MUSIC

MSG

mS_4TryhnIxLVtiipR1ZfbQ.jpg

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UICY-25518

Catalog No. UICY-25518 JAN/ISBN 4988005885616 Product Type CD SHM-CD Number of Discs 1 Label/Distributor UNIVERSAL MUSIC

Time to buy them again!

The third album was very disappointing, but the first two were incredible. Amazing songs and McAuley's fantastic voice...

...but what the hell are SHM CDs?

Super High Material.

From Wikipedia:

SHM-CD is a digital optical disc data storage format. It is an improved compact disc format with the greatest change being a different polycarbonate material that allows more precise physical representation of stored bits during pressing and less laser scatter during reading. These improvements aim to facilitate playback by producing less errors and potentially better sound quality. SHM-CDs are played on a standard CD player.

The format was developed in Japan by Universal Music Japan and JVC. The same material can also be used to manufacture SHM-SACD discs.

Super High Material.

From Wikipedia:

SHM-CD is a digital optical disc data storage format. It is an improved compact disc format with the greatest change being a different polycarbonate material that allows more precise physical representation of stored bits during pressing and less laser scatter during reading. These improvements aim to facilitate playback by producing less errors and potentially better sound quality. SHM-CDs are played on a standard CD player.

The format was developed in Japan by Universal Music Japan and JVC. The same material can also be used to manufacture SHM-SACD discs.

Do they actually sound better? I'd guess not unless you had high end hifi equipment and young ears.

PS I should probably check out some MSG...always overlooked this group.

The third album was very disappointing, but the first two were incredible. Amazing songs and McAuley's fantastic voice...

The third album is MSG - s/t right ? That's incredible, not sure why it's disappointing, or maybe because it's kinda AOR-ish compared to the first two?

i think out of three, I don't really like 'Perfect Timing', but the third is essential bro :D

SHM is super high material CD, looks like the physical thing is better than regular CDs and they claimed it sounded better, even though I think it's quite the same

The third album is MSG - s/t right ? That's incredible, not sure why it's disappointing, or maybe because it's kinda AOR-ish compared to the first two?

i think out of three, I don't really like 'Perfect Timing', but the third is essential bro :D

SHM is super high material CD, looks like the physical thing is better than regular CDs and they claimed it sounded better, even though I think it's quite the same

:omg:

REALLY???

Mate, it's not about style, it's just about the songs. 'Perfect Timing' had "Don't Stop Me Now", "Follow the Night", "Love is Not a Game", "Get Out" and "Time" - all flawless rock songs. The first three in that list are among my favourote rock songs of all time. Whereas 'MSG' had "Nightmare", which was just about okay and the other songs were utterly forgettable. Really poor album imo.