Windsor Drive

Leykis101

I don't know if somebody already started a thread about this band, but has anyone happened to have heard Windsor Drive before? they are out of Wisconsin.

They have been around for quite a few years I believe though I can't recall their past releases well enough to comment. But, their new self titled album on AOR Heaven is superb. It really is very light and is borderline for being Heavy Harmonies material but excellent nonetheless. Beautiful songwriting. More of a modern rock band and I suspect many people here will find it's not heavy enough. Reminds me of another excellent band who I will dig up a topic on soon.

Bit confused here. I know I've heard this band but can't find any reference to them in my lists of rated albums in recent years. I am not sure why... but I think I remember being pretty underwhelmed by the band. And I thought it was the new s/t album I'd heard, but I could be wrong...

WD_Cover_Comp_Sm-1.jpg

This is the cover for the new s/t album released last month on AOR Heaven. Now why AOR Heaven supported these guys I don't know because this in not AOR in any way, shape or form. In fact the band labels themselves 'alternative indie rock'.

Just did a search and it seems the have released three EPs previously:

album-utw.jpg

album-bridges.jpg

album-mtt.jpg

They have worked with Bleu who I think co wrote songs for Boys Like Girls which is evident early on this CD with some slight hints of that band but still very different.

Anyway good stuff and I'm interested to know Geoff if this is the album you heard.

This should be moved to 'other music styles' if possible.

Whatever the case, I'll check it out again asap and let you know. Any link to BLG makes me excited.

That lead off track is pretty cool, I believe it or not, really like these guys, yeah they are not heavy, but they are pretty cool, and I think have their own sound, which in itself gains points with me.

From aorheaven.com:

An interesting blend of rock, pop, alternative and West Coast is offered by the American band WINDSOR DRIVE. Fresh, unspent sound with irresistible melodies and varied tempo. With their debut album after a couple of EPs this band for sure proves the fact that a good song remains such no matter in what environment. They definitely cross borders and build bridges between at first glimpse little compatible sounds and genres. Many possible hit-singles (e.g. "Bridges" or "In Dreams") catch your attention and the more or less eighties-like pop appeal is quite charming. Up-tempo tracks face a few slower, ballad-like songs ("Under The Weather") and make up a good mixture of music. Frontman Kipp Wilde has got a warm and pleasant voice color, but is able to rock considerably, too, where the song needs him to. Open-minded music-fans with a certain taste of adventure will not be disappointed. Something big is about to come. One of the most fascinating "new" bands out there!

WINDSOR%2BDRIVE%2B-%2BWINDSOR%2BDRIVE%2B

WINDSOR%2BDRIVE%2B-%2BWINDSOR%2BDRIVE%2B

• My Little Pony

Well, Stef, none of those songs are available, except for the music video. I like what I heard, but like someone else mentioned, what is this doing on the AOR Heaven label? Oh well. I bet they aren't complaining.

• 10 months later...