Ten - Isla de Muerta

Stefan

Ten_Isla-de-Muerta_Rocktopia-Records.jpg

From Rocktopia Records:

Rocktopia Records recording artists TEN are proud to announce that the release of their eagerly awaited 12 studio album is scheduled for May 20th 2015.

The new album is titled ‘Isla de Muerta’ and follows hot on the heels of their ground-breaking and highly lauded 2014 opus ‘Albion’.

Named after the mythical 'Island Of The Dead' from Pirate legend and as the title would suggest, this time around the album has a very 'piratical, seafaring' feel.

In true classic Ten style, the album opens with the atmospheric ‘Buccaneers’ instrumental and segues straight into the cinematic ‘Dead Men Tell No Tales’

Other track titles will be released as we approach the release date.

Any fans of TEN and their expanding catalogue will not be disappointed.

‘Isla de Muerta’ will be the second outing for this current line-up and sees the boys build upon the foundation stones laid by their ‘Albion’ release.

Expect all the trademark TEN essences: Great songs, Big choruses, stunning solo work and twin leads with the British seven piece once again raising the bar and firing on all cylinders.

‘Isla de Muerta’ promises to inspire the imagination, with songwriter Gary Hughes once again delving into a rich and varied array of subject matter this time around.

Delivered in the classic TEN manner and conjuring images on a simply cinematic scale.

Didn't they just release a new CD like 4 months ago or something?

I used to REALLY love Ten back in 1996 - 1998 or so. I played the hell out of the first three CD's and especially Name Of The Rose... but they kinda lost after that. Too much of the same type of stuff, none of which was "radio-friendly," but rather long and arduous 9-minutes sagas.

Can't say I'll be on-board with the new one for sure, but I'll certainly check-out the samples and see.

Would be a cool album cover if not for the lady pirate-musketeer whatever she is. Cool band back in their early days. Still don't mind them but they don't really hold my interest much any more. I agree Name of the Rose was great.

Didn't they just release a new CD like 4 months ago or something?

Yep, my thoughts exactly. That was really, really recent, that release.

I initially thought it was okay, but the production/mix was bad and I just couldn't get into it at all. I doubt the new one will be any better.

I'm like everyone else here, I still haven't completely got into the last album yet, nevermind a new one already. Quantity over quality boys?

As there's like 16 people in the band perhaps this was treated in a business light ie. write a couple of albums worth of material and record it all at the same time? It's expensive to get everyone together etc. Will be checking the credits of this and the last one ;)

The debut and name of the rose were released shortly after one another right?

• 3 weeks later...

Tracklist:

“Buccaneers” (Instrumental)
“Dead Men Tell No Tales”
“Tell Me What To Do”
“Acquiesce”
“This Love”
“The Dragon And Saint George”
“Intensify”
“Karnak” (Instrumental)
“The Valley Of The Kings”
“Revolution”
“Angel Of Darkness”
“The Last Pretender”
“We Can Be As One” (European Bonus)

• 3 weeks later...

Really, really average song and it sounds like shit too. Same production as the last one. I wish this album wasn't happening...

• 2 weeks later...

Tracklist:

“Dead Men Tell No Tales”

“Tell Me What To Do”

“Acquiesce”

“This Love”

“Intensify”

“Karnak” (Instrumental)

“Revolution”

“Angel Of Darkness”

“The Last Pretender”

Album preview:

Tracklist:

“Dead Men Tell No Tales”

“Tell Me What To Do”

“Acquiesce”

“This Love”

“Intensify”

“Karnak” (Instrumental)

“Revolution”

“Angel Of Darkness”

“The Last Pretender”

Album preview:

That is fucking horrible...

It kind of makes the new Nelson songs sound like 'Hysteria.' Seriously fucking horrible. Production and song quality, for the record. I absolutely hate it.

It kind of makes the new Nelson songs sound like 'Hysteria.' Seriously fucking horrible. Production and song quality, for the record. I absolutely hate it.

Only the Nelson album rocks and the production isn't near as bad as everyone thinks :)

Why are they writing songs?

Amended.

It's sad because they have some excellent albums in their discography (from a long, long, LONG time ago) but they just need to stop. Just end it.

Why are they writing songs about this shit?

Hughes is probably short on new ideas... Let's face it, Ten have pretty much been releasing the same retreaded stuff for the past 15 years or so now.

I'm not saying I dislike all of it (actually love the Once And Future King discs... I know, I know, that's not Ten, but it might as well be), I just don't think they'll ever re-capture the promise and glory of the first three albums. Those were all fantastic (especially Rose). But that was 20 years ago.

I've not heard any Ten albums and that isn't a good advert for their music :(

Sucks you started with this one. Listen to NAME OF THE ROSE start-to-finish on youtube. It's brilliant.

Yeah, I agree. This is horrible, but it should not deter one from listening to (and consequently loving) their s/t album, 'In the name of the rose,' 'The Robe' and 'Babylon.' Four very fine albums. The next one was okay/passable ('Far beyond the world'), but after that the wheels fell off completely.

Sucks you started with this one. Listen to NAME OF THE ROSE start-to-finish on youtube. It's brilliant.

Added to the to listen to list :)

Added to the to listen to list :)

I see you're from the Kingdom. I think you'll enjoy TNOTR. It's very "British" sounding... not just Hughes' vocals, but it's kind of Middle-Ages / British-Themed if that makes sense? I think you'll understand what t I mean after giving it a spin.

• 1 month later...