Eden's Curse - Live With the Curse

heavyharmonies

Am listening to this now. Considerably better than I was expecting. The lead vocalist is better than I thought he would be. Sounds like some of the backing vox are looped, but that isn't surprising these days. The audio fidelity for a live release is VERY good. One place that I always bash live recordings is that you normally get lots of bass and drums, but vocals and keys get lost in the mix... NOT so with this one. I'm surprised how prominent the keys are in the mix. Well done on that front.

edenscurse_lwtc.jpg

Nikola Mijic (Lead Vocals)
Thorsten Koehne (Guitars)
Paul Logue (Bass & Vocals)
Steve Williams (Keys & Vocals)
John Clelland (Drums)

After nine years of EDEN’S CURSE, the multinational Hard Rock/Melodic Metal band now presents their first ever Live album.

Initially formed as a studio project, EDEN’S CURSE has blossomed into a fully fledged first class live act with high ambitions. A UK tour with Stratovarius was the catalyst, while dates with Dream Theater gave them a taste of the big time. However the past two years has seen EDEN’S CURSE truly making their mark on the live scene from appearing at several festivals and even taking the brave steps of going out on their own seven date UK headlining tour.

With four fantastic and widely celebrated studio albums already under their belts, the thought of releasing a Live album was never far from the mind, but the main source of inspiration came from their ardent fan base. The culmination was no more evident than after the last night of the ‘Symphony Of Sin UK Tour’in London. They band came off stage on such a high and the feedback and comments coupled with fan pressure to re-record the older material with Nikola singing made them certain that the time was right!

Acclaimed UK journalist and Classic Rock Magazine scribe Dave Ling remarked "... When everything clicked into gear, the full force of the magnificence of Eden’s Curse became evident. Serbian front man Nikola Mijic has a warm, rich voice that complements the material". He went onto add "... a regal encore of ‘Judgement Day’, ‘Evil & Divine’ and ‘Angels & Demons’ set the seal on a truly excellent performance".

So planning began for the recording of the first ever EDEN’S CURSE Live album and anyone who knows the band will be aware of their high standards that they set for everything that they do - ‘Live With The Curse’ is no exception! Recording took place on November 28th 2014 at an EDEN’S CURSE headlining show at The Classic Grand in Glasgow.[/size]

Fans from all over Europe, and as far away as Japan, traveled to Scotland to witness and be part of this truly special event. What more does a Live Album need than a enthusiastic crowd, a great club and a highly motivated band?

The setlist of course contains fan favorites and classics from all four EDEN’S CURSE albums: ‘Eden’s Curse’ (2007), ‘The Second Coming’ (2008), ‘Trinity’ (2011) and 2013’s ‘Symphony Of Sin’.

Mix and Mastering of the Live recordings were handled by the band’s long-time engineer Dennis Ward (Pink Cream 69 / Unisonic), who managed to capture the concert’s energy and vibe perfectly. The cover artwork was once again created by artist Thomas Ewerhard (Edguy / Avantasia), who has also worked with EDEN’S CURSE since the times of their 2007 debut album.

‘Live With The Curse’, packed with 100 minutes on 2 CDs,will be released on March 13th. Right in time for the next EDEN’S CURSE concerts with Freedom Call in Germany and The Netherlands.[/size]

And Michael Eden is crying on Facebook, as usual.

And his version of Eden's Curse will also have a live CD in 2015. They played 1 fucking show in their existence and are going to release it on CD. Petty little fucker.

I hope NOBODY buys the Michael Eden version.

I love live albums!

All jokes aside, though, it'd almost be interesting to check this one out, and hear some of their songs with a good vocalist.

Yeah whilst we say good vocalist.....yeah sure he's fine on the album, and I enjoyed that disc.

BUT

I doubt i will ever see Eden's Curse live again.

I've seen them twice now and each time the singer spent the whole gig staring into his monitor at his 'hidden' laptop, reading the bloody lyrics.

Most off putting and very unprofessional.

Yeah whilst we say good vocalist.....yeah sure he's fine on the album, and I enjoyed that disc.

BUT

I've seen them twice now and each time the singer spent the whole gig staring into his monitor at his 'hidden' laptop, reading the bloody lyrics.

Wow.... really? Did you see them with Michael Eden?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really enjoyed the Eden's Curse and The Second Coming albums but haven't rated anything by them since. The new vocalist doesn't do anything for me so i'll be checking anything else out by them i think :(

BUT

Out of curiosity, was he doing this for the new songs too, or just the old ones before he was in the band? I agree it's weird, but it's gotta be hard for a dude to come in and learn a band's discography when he wasn't there from the start. Though, that said, the live set is probably pretty much the same so you'd only have to learn a handful of songs...

Anyway, listened to their first two albums this week. Good stuff.