Radioactive - F4UR

Stefan

I've liked all previous 3 Radioactive albums and I Can't believe it's 10 years since the excellent 'Taken' disc. Will be keeping a close eye on this one

10 years? Really. I don't like any of the previous discs at all to be honest, but for some reason I still plan to give this a go. I think there's a handful of okay songs on the first few discs.

'Alibis' sounds pretty good, as do the Robin Beck and Jean Beauvior tracks. Oh, and defo the Jeff Paris one (first one, not the second), and Dan Reed one, and Fergie. The rest sound like crap, but 6 promising tracks is not bad at all.

• 3 weeks later...

r.jpg

Tracks:

1. Summer Rains - Jimi Jamison (Survivor)
2. Back To The Game - Fergie Frederiksen (ToTo)
3. Beautiful Lies - Jeff Paris
4. The Piper - Steve Walsh (Kansas)
5. Alibis - David Roberts
6. When The Silence Gets Too Loud - Robin Beck
7. You’ll Find The Fire - Jean Beauvoir
8. Heart Come Alive - Bobby Kimball (ToTo)
9. Start All Over - Jeff Paris
10. If Only My Memory Could Lie - Dan Reed
11. Natural Born Dreamer - Jeff Paris
12. Give Me Your Loving - James Christian (House Of Lords)
13. Memoriam - Instrumental

• 2 months later...

Can someone please explain to me what the album title is meant to mean? At this point in time it just annoys the shit out of me and I hate it, unless someone can explain it to me.

Anyway, this album starts from that track there; track 6. Great song, and after that there are several more. The Jean Beauvoir and Dan Reed songs are both very good too. Didn't like the first 5 songs, and a few of the later ones. You could get a very good five song EP out of this collection, but that's about it.

Can someone please explain to me what the album title is meant to mean? At this point in time it just annoys the shit out of me and I hate it, unless someone can explain it to me.

Look at the album cover. It's "FOUR" with the numeral 4 within the "O", so they decided to refer to it in text as F4UR.

Look at the album cover. It's "FOUR" with the numeral 4 within the "O", so they decided to refer to it in text as F4UR.

Ha, did not pay attention to that at all. Well, explanation aside, it is still a terrible album title. ;)

It just doesn't hold my attention... although to be honest, nothing really does any more (musically, anyway).

I was so over the top in love with the new Toto album the first week I had it, I couldn't get enough.... Haven't spun it even once in more than a ten days, now.

I'm a hard sell, and a stick-to-my-guns old-schooler, I guess. I play Outside Edge WAY more than anything else in my collection right now, and when I tire of that one I'll probably go crawling back to Metropolis or the like.

Damn I miss the 80's!

I'm like that as well sometimes. Sort of afraid to not be able to find music I like anymore and get tired of the stuff I've been listening to.This release certainly has its moments and Tommy Denander is a great guitarist. Take the solo in ''When The Silence Gets Too Loud'' for example, now that's how it's done!

I kind of envy you guys. Like I said before, I would love to just say, yep, that's it. All the good music is over. I'll get nothing new for the rest of my life and just listen to what I have from now on. It's definitely a lifetime's worth, but unfortunately, imo, there is still plenty of good music being released. :(

I still think the first Radioactive album is the best one, although all have been good, solid discs with this new one being no different. It's a good album, without setting the pulse racing too much and with no any real surprises (not that I was expecting any tbh). The best tracks are definitely The Jean Beauvoir, Jimi Jamison, Dan Reed, Jeff Paris and Robin Beck ones and the short instrumental at the end is a nice finish to the album too. It's well played, Tommy puts in some blinding solo's as usual, and overall it's been put together really well with a good choice of vocalists.

I kind of envy you guys. Like I said before, I would love to just say, yep, that's it. All the good music is over. I'll get nothing new for the rest of my life and just listen to what I have from now on. It's definitely a lifetime's worth, but unfortunately, imo, there is still plenty of good music being released. :(

It's not that I don't like "some" new stuff... I certainly do. It's just that no matter how good a new album is (Toto XIV), it doesn't hold my attention like albums did when I was in high school (for instance).

I suppose that's more on me and life in general vs. the music itself. Lots more time on my hands to listen to music when I was 16 vs. 46 :)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...