Degreed - Kill Your Darlings (demo)

Stefan

Yeah, I spun the album plenty of times and am more than happy with my rating. Probably spun it four times within the first two months I owned it. I spun it plenty, and that's a very good rating, but I don't think it deserves any more. A handful of massive gems and a few solid but not amazing tunes.

Yeah, I'm not saying they're a shit band or anything - I really quite like them. I just don't think they're quite the band some make them out to be.

Yeah, I'm not saying they're a shit band or anything - I really quite like them. I just don't think they're quite the band some make them out to be.

Sorry to disagree mate but they are one of the most exciting bands in our genre right now and one of the best live bands too :)

Yeah, they're definitely exciting and I do look forward to the new album. Just hope it lives up to your expectations. ;):lol:

They have a sampler video up on Melodicrock.com of all the tracks. From those small sample I can honestly say this is the first true competition to Eclipse so far in 2015.

14 stellar melodic tracks, only the closer can be called ballad type. These guys sound brilliant and remind me so much of modern Harem Scarem without being called clones, because they are not. I bet if HS recorded the songs on the new Degreed people would go goo-goo over it and would have everyone talking.

Quick question........why is everyone comparing everything to Eclipse??

Is that the best album of 2015?

Its good, but not my fav so far.........

PS, I would not want HS to record Degreed's songs because it wouldnt be as good - and I mean that :-) I love this dude's voice - probably my fav of any band currently recording.

Quick question........why is everyone comparing everything to Eclipse??

Is that the best album of 2015?

Its good, but not my fav so far.........

Excellent point!!!

Excellent point in comparing all albums to Eclipse because yes it's the best of this year so far.

Closest competition should be Wigelius and Destine maybe, but I like to hear what Degreed offers

Comparing the quality to Eclipse because in my books and for many others it is the best release of 2015....so far. Last year everything was being compared to the H.E.A.T. because for many it was the best of 2014.

Not saying HS would do it better, but the deserved reaction to those songs would be much greater because HS carries a much bigger name in the Melodic world than does Degreed.